Need some pvc routing help!

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a sump room finally. There is a cinder block wall in between where the tank will be in my finished basement section and where the sump room will be. i plan on making a hole in the wall and feed the drain and supply lines through it.

my questions is would i be able to join the drain lines and drain into one larger sock? they will still have valves before the join so i can shut either drain if i have too. Should i increase the diameter of the drain pipe? or should i keep 2 separate drain lines?
Thanks in advance for any input.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I combined three 1" drains into one 2" drain to go through the wall...which combine with another drain (from mixing tank) to all go into one filter sock. Here is a pic of under my tank to show you what I mean:

2011-07-02_13-56-07_765.jpg

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I combined three 1" drains into one 2" drain to go through the wall...which combine with another drain (from mixing tank) to all go into one filter sock. Here is a pic of under my tank to show you what I mean:

2011-07-02_13-56-07_765.jpg

Awesome. So definately increase the diameter of the drain pipe. I assume it stays 2" diameter untill it drains into the sock?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back