Neptune Trident Test A Fail

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident going into test A Fail when testing all three parameters. If I test just alkalinity the trident completes the test. The trident is out of calibration and alkalinity is off. When I try to calibrate the trident it also goes into test A fail.

My reagents are all over 50% full. I’ve also disconnected the sample feed line and waste line from the trident and flushed them with rodi water. I disconnected them from inside the tident. Still getting Test A Fail. My fusion shows a reading for alk but is 0 for calcium.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you take the cover off? Make sure all the hoses are connected on the manifold. It's very common to get salt build up in the lines and you can take them off and flush them with RO water using a syringe. There are video's on Youtube. If you have the cover off and run a combined test you should see the test vile filling and emptying at the different stages.

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, check the houses on the manifold. Lol for any leads inside the unit

OP
OP
D

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you take the cover off? Make sure all the hoses are connected on the manifold. It's very common to get salt build up in the lines and you can take them off and flush them with RO water using a syringe. There are video's on Youtube. If you have the cover off and run a combined test you should see the test vile filling and emptying at the different stages.
I did take the cover off and pulled the sample and drain lines from the trident and flushed with rodi. I did not watch it while it went through the full test. I will give that a try. Thanks for getting back.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident going into test A Fail when testing all three parameters. If I test just alkalinity the trident completes the test. The trident is out of calibration and alkalinity is off. When I try to calibrate the trident it also goes into test A fail.

My reagents are all over 50% full. I’ve also disconnected the sample feed line and waste line from the trident and flushed them with rodi water. I disconnected them from inside the tident. Still getting Test A Fail. My fusion shows a reading for alk but is 0 for calcium.

You noted a couple different things like alkalinity is off, test a fail, calibration, etc. Ignoring everything but the Test A Fail did you go to Neptunes portal and follow the Trident troubleshooting steps? The pulldown will list Test A Fail and will guide you through it. I think the first item will say reagent A is out but the fusion tile shows there is some left. You can check the reagent or use the task to replace A and see if that fixes it.

It could also be that everything is fine but there is a titration problem. I think some above mentioned checking the inside of the Trident, specifically the manifold, and make sure they are all attached and no leaks. I have had a line come off the manifold before and it is a simple fix. Just need a good light. Also when I first got my trident a good while back I had a reagent A block the manifold line. So rinsing out with rodi water is a good idea.

Lastly the reagent bottle and line could be kinked. I have also seen that happen. Open the drawer, check the bottles and lines, and make sure they are secure without getting kinks or blocks.

One other thing, sorry. If you haven't yet submit a Neptune support ticket so they can get back to you on Monday morning.

Edit: one other thing to try. You can select the trident in fusion, gear icon, then select prime sample. Open the drawer, gently remove the top cover that shades the test vial, and see if it fills with water. That will tell you that you are getting water from display to the test chamber. Could also run a manual alk test and see what it does.

Sorry for the last minute addition but it just hit me that is an option.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you contact support after getting a ticket number they will walk you through troubleshooting the unit.

OP
OP
D

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You noted a couple different things like alkalinity is off, test a fail, calibration, etc. Ignoring everything but the Test A Fail did you go to Neptunes portal and follow the Trident troubleshooting steps? The pulldown will list Test A Fail and will guide you through it. I think the first item will say reagent A is out but the fusion tile shows there is some left. You can check the reagent or use the task to replace A and see if that fixes it.

It could also be that everything is fine but there is a titration problem. I think some above mentioned checking the inside of the Trident, specifically the manifold, and make sure they are all attached and no leaks. I have had a line come off the manifold before and it is a simple fix. Just need a good light. Also when I first got my trident a good while back I had a reagent A block the manifold line. So rinsing out with rodi water is a good idea.

Lastly the reagent bottle and line could be kinked. I have also seen that happen. Open the drawer, check the bottles and lines, and make sure they are secure without getting kinks or blocks.

One other thing, sorry. If you haven't yet submit a Neptune support ticket so they can get back to you on Monday morning.

Edit: one other thing to try. You can select the trident in fusion, gear icon, then select prime sample. Open the drawer, gently remove the top cover that shades the test vial, and see if it fills with water. That will tell you that you are getting water from display to the test chamber. Could also run a manual alk test and see what it does.

Sorry for the last minute addition but it just hit me that is an option.

Sorry for the last minute addition but it just hit me that is an option
Thanks for all the help. I did take the cover off and check the manifold. I also flushed the sample amid drain lines. I am able to prime a sample and the sample water does go into the cuvette. It also takes an alkalinity reading when I do it manually. It fails when I try to do all three tests. I think there’s a blockage in either calcium or mag tubing or manifold. I also tried doing tests with the drawer open to make sure then lines aren’t getting kinked.

I did go on to the website to go through the troubleshooting process and it recommended reaching out to support , which I did.

I’m now going threw the very slow process with Neptune. I suggested pulling the A, B, & C lines and flushing them out to Neptune but support told me that wouldn’t be necessary. I think I’m going to do it any way today. I believe support is going to recommend that I send it in next. We’ve been through several tests and none of them have worked.

Thanks for the help and I’ll post what was wrong when I get it fixed.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back