NeveSSL's 180g Mixed Reef

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No progress? I set my 210 up in 12 hours last time around. FW to instant reef in less than 24 hours. You better get moving.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Tons of progress, just not in the last few days. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! There's nothing more frustrating to me than seeing something that I'd love to try or use, and not being able to get any information about it! So I try to detail things out. :)

Brandon

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I know what you mean when you talk about it taking a long time. Mine is taking forever. Have you figured out what the problem is with your drain siphon? I am having the same issue on mine. The siphon does not start on its own reliably. I am at a loss as to why. I'll be anxiously awaiting your solution.

I love your rock work, by the way.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I know what you mean when you talk about it taking a long time. Mine is taking forever. Have you figured out what the problem is with your drain siphon? I am having the same issue on mine. The siphon does not start on its own reliably. I am at a loss as to why. I'll be anxiously awaiting your solution.

I love your rock work, by the way.

I'm thinking it has to do with the height differences between my full siphon and my partial. To reduce these heights so I can adjust them, I am going to have to cut my bulkheads down as they stick up pretty high into my back box. That is on my agenda for tomorrow. It makes a huge mess, but it will be worth it if I can get it adjusted to where it should be. I think I need more pressure on my full siphon and less on the partial, but I can't do that as-is until I cut the bulkheads down. I will let you know if it works!

went thru your build thread great work in progress

Thanks! Its slow, but fairly steady. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some lights up over the entire length of my tank this weekend!!! Woohoo!! I bought the bulbs and reflectors from someone who was downgrading and Mixer911 had a ballast and end caps I could borrow.

I also picked up two zoa rocks from Mixer911... Here's a not so good pic of one of them:

That's about it for now. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Exactly. Its so much better than just having that little cheap LED light over one end of the tank. :D

Brandon

Bueller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the tank this weekend and I couldn't believe how quiet it is. You literally have to listen carefully to hear It. I know you got some new additions too so post em up dude!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its pretty ridiculous how quiet it is! :) I will take pics when I get back later this week. I see you made it home safely... lol

Brandon

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine would be pretty quiet if I'd get rid of that big beckett skimmer I have. Extremely noisy!

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bet it is, Mike! Time to upgrade? :D

Brandon

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've spent enough on it lately. It's in the basement so I can deal with the noise a while longer. The skimmer does a good job though.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! I understand, Mike. :)

I've got a little more color in the tank in a couple of different ways. My brother (Bueller on here) brought some corals to me, including a neon green toadstool, orange Monti, small green slimmer, birds nest, and some dragon eyes. Thanks, Blake! I also picked up a coral beauty angel about a week ago and also have coraline algae starting. Its awesome to see it coloring up in all ways!

Brandon

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Coral beauties are gorgeous fish, taking the risk of getting a nipper huh?

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree! Coral beauties and mandarins are what pushed me to get into reefing. I've had good luck with centropyges in the past, and I'm hoping to again. :)

Brandon

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back