New acros losing tissue, help?

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe because the only two people who show proof of what they’re talking about wanted to help you. Or maybe we care about providing the proper environment for the living things that are those colorful sticks you like. I hate seeing noobs kill coral after coral and fish after fish in a salt crusted tank full of Dinoflagellates. What do you imagine is driving up the price of livestock so crazy and the fact that anyone with a frag tank is “Coral Farming”? Stores used to put the Cherries on sale and let customers find their own limited editions and they made a lot of money off of them. It’s what put a lot of them on the map. Now even wholesalers keep the good stuff, frag it and name it so they’re making a killing now and not the hobbyist or LFS. Wholesalers are more retail now. How many fish died because people insisted on having a Dory and a Nemo in a 20g BioCube or another awful all-in-one with no skimmer. Reefers are Reefers and tourists and tourists.
I’m sorry I tried to help. I guess I cant grow sticks either. @rennjidk just keep it stable, u have a great aquaculture source w @Battlecorals and pls filter the noise. Got loud.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes frags just don't make it.
Could have been the stress, acclimation, or a thousand other things.
I never give up until it's got something else growing on it, you never know.

I do think your flow is low, did it kill the frag, no.
When they grow out you will absolutely need more flow.

Having a box full of <5" 'frags' is a whole lot different than 6"+ 'colonies'. ;) a lot different!

I won't share my tank full of colonies but if you care to see I have a build thread.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I tried to help. I guess I cant grow sticks either. @rennjidk just keep it stable, u have a great aquaculture source w @Battlecorals and pls filter the noise. Got loud.
To be clear, your “help” consisted of saying you don’t run Rowaphos anymore, calling someone out to show pictures and getting colonies stuffed in your face and something about drip dosing Brightwell phosphate. You asked no questions about the system itself. Where was the help? Meanwhile, I calculated the PAR and flow rate to be insufficient, showed him a PAR map for his light, determined his frag had been in the tank for 2 weeks and not a couple days, so don’t be sorry for trying to help. Your heart is in the right place. It does seem like you gave it your best shot based on your knowledge and experience and who could ask for more than that?

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You asked no questions about the system itself. Where was the help? Meanwhile, I calculated the PAR and flow rate to be insufficient, showed him a PAR map for his light, determined his frag had been in the tank for 2 weeks and not a couple days, so don’t be sorry for trying to help.
Bruh, what are you talking about? You literally did none of that. All you two did was just come in and start ranting about phosphate levels, insult other reefers, and show off pictures of your own colonies.

How would one even "calculate par" based off of a picture? The rest of us non reefing gods have to use par meters. And I literally have the frags posted with the battlebox in my build thread, dated like 4 days ago at this point? Where did you get 2 weeks?

1000005406.jpg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bruh, what are you talking about? You literally did none of that. All you two did was just come in and start ranting about phosphate levels, insult other reefers, and show off pictures of your own colonies.

How would one even "calculate par" based off of a picture? The rest of us non reefing gods have to use par meters. And I literally have the frags posted with the battlebox in my build thread, dated like 4 days ago at this point? Where did you get 2 weeks?

1000005406.jpg
That’s cute….but that’s not what happened. I tried to warn you to not chase the po4 tail, but you being a 4 day sps guru, felt the need to throw a whopping 4 month research study at me to disprove my +20 years of experience. @HudsonReefer2.0 wanted colony proof, so I obliged.

This is my last post on this thread. I just wanted to clarify what really happened.

Good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back