New clown fish compatibility

Reaper_Six_Four

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the scenario. I have an existing 30 gallon tank which is home to two clowns. I’m in the middle of cycling my new 72 gallon tank which will house all my live stock from the 30.

I’d like to add more clowns to to 72 in addition to the two that will be moving from my 30. Is this possible? If so, is there a method I need to follow?

Are there other things I need to consider?

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the scenario. I have an existing 30 gallon tank which is home to two clowns. I’m in the middle of cycling my new 72 gallon tank which will house all my live stock from the 30.

I’d like to add more clowns to to 72 in addition to the two that will be moving from my 30. Is this possible? If so, is there a method I need to follow?

Are there other things I need to consider?
The challenge is going to be aggression in a tank that size. The clowns are probably hosted to something at this point and stay close. They trick you into thinking they'll stay there and not venture out. What usually ends up happening in tanks that size is they end up picking fights and wear down the new pair you introduce. It is of course possible but usually need more space to achieve success.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back