New England Frag Farmer's Market - March 11, 2017

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question may be inappropriate to ask or hard to answer but I'm curious if anyone could give me an estimate on how much softie frags normally run at this event. Trying to decide in my head if it's going to be worth the 1.5 hr drive up, recently built a brand new tank and already spent a decent amount stocking it, maybe someone can understand trying to reef on a "budget" (i quote that because it never happens :p )

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question may be inappropriate to ask or hard to answer but I'm curious if anyone could give me an estimate on how much softie frags normally run at this event. Trying to decide in my head if it's going to be worth the 1.5 hr drive up, recently built a brand new tank and already spent a decent amount stocking it, maybe someone can understand trying to reef on a "budget" (i quote that because it never happens :p )

More then you've ever seen :). But honestly I drive from New York every year and this is by far the most coral packed show I've been to. Well worth the 1.5 hour drive

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More then you've ever seen :). But honestly I drive from New York every year and this is by far the most coral packed show I've been to. Well worth the 1.5 hour drive
Sorry was looking more of a price range then variety, but it is good to know there will be a variety.

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is a huge variety that all range in price but I usually do not pay over $20 for a frag of anything that isn't a "specialty" coral.

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good I have a booth setup on behave of our local club. Come check us out we'll have softies for 5-20 room 121.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smiz could not be more correct. If it is soft corals, at a great price that you are looking for, the FFM is the place to look. I know a 1.5hr drive seems like a lot but with over 60 coral vendors from Jason Fox (not a great source of softies but WOW for SPS) all the way down to the small scale hobbyist you have never heard of, you will find EVERYTHING that you could possibly want. I run the FFM and I still find the sheer number of corals there to be overwhelming. Make the trip, you will not regret it.

Paulywalnuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come see me
Room 103 can't wait!!!
Some sps I'm bringing
Rr Canada wolverine
RR pink Floyd
Wwc moonshine
RMF acid trip milli
Jfox rouge Millie
Wwc Pink panther tenuis l
Jfox flame
Wwc ding dang milli
Tyree pink lemonade
Wwc yellow tip stag
The Vihn
RR orange passion small
Rr wolverine
PC rainbow
RMF fireball
RMF original hulk Acropora
Ora red planet A lot and big
Jfox slow burn monti
Jfox starburst monti
Unique corals OG strawberry shortcake
Forest Fire digi
Blueberry wine acro
Blueberry ecchinatta
Green slime
Larry Jackson tri color
Wwc universal tenuis
Wwc Helios acro
Wwc 500 degree
wwc tri color
Gonzo lemonshandy
Jr solar flare
RR Planet X
CC firefly
Aquavista99 orange crush
**********s Red Robin
Atl rainbow milli
Cali tort
Bubble gum milli
ASD rainbow milli
RR dragon slayer
C-quarium unknown
RMF ultimate miyagi
Battle corals Battle stag
Battle corals Billie matrix
RMF diablo
Rr garden of eden
RR Sheeba
More...
Please lmk what your interested in... just in case in doesn't fit in the cooler.

Chalices
RR dynamite
RR jello splatter
3G mummy eye chalice 40 eyes
Jfox pink slip chalice
Vitamin c
Crazy clown chalice
More..
Some favia
Fascination
Voodoo
More lol

Bounce and jawbreaker shrooms
Candy crush
A couple different red yellow combos
Deadpool
Kryptonite
Og Wwc
Sunkist
Godspawn
Circus bounce
Wwc frostbite bounce
BSA scorcher rhodactic mushroom
Some crazy Yuma
Ricordia
Many others
Zoa
Hallucinations
Rasta
Latin lover
Bbeb
Colonys of sunny d
Pink AOG

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of the UV paintings I will be bringing! I'll be at a table with Mike's Phyto! Stop by!
9aec2f379cacb0fabcef49696c524d7d.jpg
4f8f5d54695d37fc17c48758861aa122.jpg

ndiscawicz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Nicholas Discawicz and I am a senior at Edwin O. Smith High School. I am currently performing a project on alternative energy sources from chemicals normally used in batteries. A big part of this project is making an effort in publicizing the recycling of all types of batteries. In doing this, I will be attending the Farmer's Market on March 11 to collect all types of batteries that can no longer be used. So if anyone happens to come across these used or dead batteries, which can be any kind from alkaline batteries to car batteries to phone batteries, please bring them along with you so you can contribute to the prolonged usage of the stored chemicals as well as saving money for the town of Mansfield!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Nicholas Discawicz and I am a senior at Edwin O. Smith High School. I am currently performing a project on alternative energy sources from chemicals normally used in batteries. A big part of this project is making an effort in publicizing the recycling of all types of batteries. In doing this, I will be attending the Farmer's Market on March 11 to collect all types of batteries that can no longer be used. So if anyone happens to come across these used or dead batteries, which can be any kind from alkaline batteries to car batteries to phone batteries, please bring them along with you so you can contribute to the prolonged usage of the stored chemicals as well as saving money for the town of Mansfield!

@ndiscawicz, I'm assuming there will be a designated drop off location the day of FFM. Where might this be so people know in advance or how do we get these to you? @fitch4?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in big trouble now . . .

Not that kind of trouble.

I somehow _just_realized this was on Saturday ... and I work Saturdays. <headdesk>

~Bruce

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back