New Euphillia Need help

Cdavis66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I got a new torch on the 24th so about 4 days ago and have had mixed feelings about the health of it.

Here are my parameters:

Mag: 1400
Cal: 400
Alk: 9
Nitrate: 7
Phosphate: .02
SG: 1.025
Iodine: .05
Ph: 8.1

The flesh band is definitely questionable but is it bleached as well? It is also in the process of splitting so I am not sure if that is the reason the flesh is thin but any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_5604.jpg
IMG_5603.jpg

10 pm and hour after lights out ^

IMG_5596.jpg
IMG_5597.jpg

7am no light for 10hours ^

IMG_5590.jpg

5:30 pm 3 hours of lights on.

Here's a video of the flow. Not sure if any of you can see it.

On another not my other torch has bunched tentacles which you can see in one of the pictures.
Any ideas on why this is? I've had that torch for about 5 months.
IMG_5603.jpg

Last edited:

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your mag. When my euphelia skull it usually my mag is below 1350. Raise it and they usually bounce back. I keep mine around 1450

OP
OP
Cdavis66

Cdavis66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is us it like that at night what ur saying?
Well yes but I know it is normal for coral to close at night, but the flesh doesn't look very healthy when it is closed.

Also @Seansea I checked it Monday night so it is a fairly recent test. also my other torch isn't doing that so wondering if it is just because it wasn't super healthy when I bought it.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yes but I know it is normal for coral to close at night, but the flesh doesn't look very healthy when it is closed.

Also @Seansea I checked it Monday night so it is a fairly recent test. also my other torch isn't doing that so wondering if it is just because it wasn't super healthy when I bought it.
It looks okay during the day. I'd try feeding it. At night that's the skeleton your seeing not the flesh. It's just retracting super far at night.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphelia are finnicky. They can close for a few days for different reasons. But skulling gets me concerned. They are shrinking deep in the skull to escape something. Flow can be a big reason but your flow looks ok. Mag can be a reason but you say its good. Its only 4 days so might be adjusting to light still. That can take a couple weeks. Any fish messi g with them? Don t have a butterfly fish do you? They love euphelia

OP
OP
Cdavis66

Cdavis66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphelia are finnicky. They can close for a few days for different reasons. But skulling gets me concerned. They are shrinking deep in the skull to escape something. Flow can be a big reason but your flow looks ok. Mag can be a reason but you say its good. Its only 4 days so might be adjusting to light still. That can take a couple weeks. Any fish messi g with them? Don t have a butterfly fish do you? They love euphelia
Just 2 clowns and an yellow tail damsel. Should I move it to lower par? Also It was only skulled for maybe 30 min to an hour but still not good. I can raise my mag some but I'm thinking it is just stressed/unhealthy. I got it from a frag swap so it has been on the road more than it is used to. i will try and nurse it back to full health.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back