New fish Scales falling off. Please Help!

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I just bought three fish from a guy. Two clowns and a fire-fish that were all in the same tank for a while. He’s had the clowns for like 6 years. I was checking on them this morning with a flashlight since the lights were still off and I noticed it seemed like scales were falling off. I can only see it on the clowns since the filefish just hides. They were in a bucket yesterday for about 3 hours maybe longer since I drove 2 hours to get them. I couldn’t get good photos so I added videos.

IMG_0869.jpeg IMG_0873.png

Attachments

• IMG_0872.mov
    9.1 MB
  • IMG_0874.mov
    41.2 MB
OP
OP
Bigfishie

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I just bought three fish from a guy. Two clowns and a fire-fish that were all in the same tank for a while. He’s had the clowns for like 6 years. I was checking on them this morning with a flashlight since the lights were still off and I noticed it seemed like scales were falling off. I can only see it on the clowns since the filefish just hides. They were in a bucket yesterday for about 3 hours maybe longer since I drove 2 hours to get them. I couldn’t get good photos so I added videos.

The videos don’t seem the be playable are they too long one is 20 seconds and the other about 10 seconds. I uploaded them straight from my camera roll on iPhone. Sorry I’m new to posting on reef2reef so not sure if the video needs to be a certain format.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Pics are a little dark but May be due to aggression from other clown
If not injury also possible
Need brighter white lighting and
Is fish eating and breathing normal?

OP
OP
Bigfishie

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are a little dark but May be due to aggression from other clown
If not injury also possible
Need brighter white lighting and
Is fish eating and breathing normal?
I know sorry the lights are on full whites but the clowns are hiding in the back where it’s darker. Could there be aggression from the other clown if they are a breeding pair. The clowns were laying eggs in the other guys tank. I just tried feeding them and they ate a little bit they are just kinda scared still to go all the way up. Breathing seems normal.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The videos don’t seem the be playable are they too long one is 20 seconds and the other about 10 seconds. I uploaded them straight from my camera roll on iPhone. Sorry I’m new to posting on reef2reef so not sure if the video needs to be a certain format.
Load video to YouTube and paste the link here.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be capture and transport damage. Clownfish pairings also sometimes break down when you move fish. I didn’t see anything alarming in the video.

OP
OP
Bigfishie

Bigfishie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be capture and transport damage. Clownfish pairings also sometimes break down when you move fish. I didn’t see anything alarming in the video.
Thank you they seem to be doing fine I had a few people look in person and we all seem to came to conclusion that this is the way they look possibly just the colors fading into each other.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back