New Nano Box Reef Arrays

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So back in February I went on a quest for new Nano Box Reef arrays. They were widely known as some of the better arrays on the market. They had a small form factor, good color spectrum and excellent color blend. And they could be had for relatively cheap. I was unable to find any new arrays so myself and @theatrus worked on making some new ones. He did the heavy lifting. I had the dream lol

They are currently a 13 diode array. They fit the exact same form factor as the last arrays from Dave at Nano Box. We added a picolock connector for ease of swapping along with standard solder pads. Will this be a long term project? Don't know. Need to see the interest.

They contain:
4 Royal Blue
2 Mint
1 Violet and 1 UV
2 5700 white and 1 3k white
1 Blue and 1 Cyan

5 different channels of control. Right now I have my light 5" above the water. 4" below the water is over 400 PAR. 15" below the water is 200+ PAR. Using a Apogee SQ-520. I will get more accurate measurements very soon.

I currently have 8 of these available. $65 shipped per array which covers my costs. If I were to make 30 of these I could get the pricing closer to $40 shipped. I am hand laying every diode and then flowing them. I then test them in a nano box fixture.

Please let me know if you are interested. Any questions or ideas please post them here. I know lots of people love the NB lights but they are getting dated. These make them relevant again for sure.

Also I am working on helping with Bluefish and either absorbing the hosting cost or working on a way to have that removed if we can. I hate subscriptions as much as the next guy. But Spencer has said he is working on some nice updates.

NB3.jpeg NB2.jpeg NB1.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back