OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our pups surgery went well yesterday and are set to pick her up tgis afternoon. Her sister has been a bit off but is doing fine. We will have a long recovery ahead.

The Innovarive Marine Spinstream has been working great so far and is very quiet. Time will tell. Water is a bit cloudy this morning but usually clears up mid day. I plan on feeding this afternoon as well. Corals are slowly opening up and pods are everywhere this morning.

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the issues you are having?
There are 2 minor scratches on the glass. But I don't know if that was a manufacturing quality issue or a shipping issue to the store. Another issue I have is the black AIO lid doesn't sit level. The left side is higher than the right side due to the 2 unleveled internal partitions it sits on. And then there's the rotating nozzle which can't be secured onto the pump so it's barely holding on, and therefore doesn't rotate unless you put the pump on a high outflow to make up for it. It's a beautiful tank though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt have issue with the back plate but same issue with rotating nozzle. Innovative.Marine spinstream so far has been super quiet and I cut the connectors to fit better as well as added a thermometer clip to hold it flush in back chamber. I also have issue with wall plug fails. I am not going to order one but let cutomer support kniw as that could be a danger.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our pump is home from surgery and has a long road to recover. We also have a regular crate coming.
1000002754.jpg
1000002757.jpg

Last edited:

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt have issue with the back plate but same issue with rotating nozzle. Innovative.Marine spinstream so far has been super quiet and I cut the connectors to fit better as well as added a thermometer clip to hold it flush in back chamber. I also have issue with wall plug fails. I am not going to order one but let cutomer support kniw as that could be a danger.
No wall plug issue for me, but seems they definitely have some design issues with the nozzle. I’ll look up spinstream which is cheap enough. Might have to go with that if I can’t find some DIY solution. Oh, also another gripe is that the glass display lid is almost impossible to find. I think you grabbed the last one from Buceplants, before I did. I’m going to find a cheap picture frame on Amazon roughly the same size and just take out the glass and use that as a lid. LOL

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wall plug issue for me, but seems they definitely have some design issues with the nozzle. I’ll look up spinstream which is cheap enough. Might have to go with that if I can’t find some DIY solution. Oh, also another gripe is that the glass display lid is almost impossible to find. I think you grabbed the last one from Buceplants, before I did. I’m going to find a cheap picture frame on Amazon roughly the same size and just take out the glass and use that as a lid. LOL
Actually @Kraken Reef lids can probably get what you need. I plan on ordering actually to replace the glass top after surgery cost are done and wife is ok with it lol. It is open to where there is alot of evaporation. Better off with sealed and using the vents in back chamber top to allow air exchange.

I think issue is with gear ratio/size and the weight. I think the size is to large for the propeller and the weight of the gear and nozzle is to heavy. They would be better lightening and having a few less teeth that are slightly larger. But i think making it more compact would be better and resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today has been rough, four hours of sleep and my lower back trying to go out on me and is sore. Praying back will hold up these couple months as wife wont be able to take care of me and both our dogs, especially one with knee surgery. Hoping I can do water change as well tomorrow as this almost locks up my back when I do something stupid like lift 3 gallons of water into tank lol. Tank a bit cloudy today but corals seem to be rejecting the benepets lps pellets. Ill stick to powder.

Innovative marine spinstream is still chugging along.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank is doing to well lol. A bit cloudy and was time for water change. This was not easy to do moving and carrying a 64 lb dog around with bad back and manuever bent over along with physical therapy. Thank God for the wife we are able to do this together.
1000002774.jpg

I have pods everywhere in the tank since there is little for them to hide. I dont want to add anything to back chamber for them to hide in. I will just be feeding the benepets powder as the corals seem to release or spit out the benepets lps pellets. Powder has always worked. Ill monitor the copepods and after a few weeks of feeding with just powder see where population is.
1000002777.jpg

I have also put JB weld around coral base for a bit more stability and to had original frag disc elegance is on.
1000002780.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to my LFS and was debating on a strawberry crab. While pretty hardy, I dont have much places for it and dont want to supplemental feed algae as well. Just as I was about to pay, I spotted the exact shrimp I was going to get. While earlier than planned, I wanted to ahead and purchase. Sadly, I can only get 1 out of the 2. Maybe if its still there in a couple weeks I can get the other.
1000002803.jpg

1000002804.jpg

1000002805.jpg

1000002809.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I talked and had room in budget for a few more pederson shrimp. Unfortunetly the rest were sold but ordering more. I did pick up a small coral skeleton for a possible station for the shrimp and will give it time to find. This will also add more surface area for bacteria.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pederson seems to really like the skeleton as it hasnt strayed far and usual gets right back in it. Bith the elegance and frogspawn seems happy and fed the tank with benepets powder. I may still feed with a pellet or 2 but broken up more.
1000002848.jpg
1000002859.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so while starring at my tank, I was curious if Macro would grow. It seemed succesful in other builds that were similar before things would eat it. Also did well in the tank with sand. But how will it fare here.

I remembered from my other jar I just so happened to left some Dragons breathe. Sure enough not only did it survive but had grown some. There was very little water but because sealed, no evaporation.
1000002866.jpg

1000002867.jpg

Still left a piece to see what will happen.

I wedged the piece between the coral skeleton. The shrimp was evicted temporarily during this process lol. We shall see how well this piece does.
1000002865.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is opening up this morning. Corals are still closed as light just turnwd on so nothing is fully extendid. Spotted the first feather duster on the back panel to appear.
1000002869.jpg

1000002870.jpg
1000002871.jpg

1000002877.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back