New Satellite Tank... Can you guess what it is for?

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temperature do you have to keep it in?
In general how do you keep a Polyorchis?
My temperate tank runs between 62.5 and 64.
In nature the Red Eyed Medusa frequents eel grass beds and kinda jumps up and down stirring up plankton from the ocean floor. In the evening it swims up towards the surface to feed on free swimming plankton.
I have a “swamp” mix that I grow that has everything from Phyto, copepods and Rotifers. He does well with this and a mysis shrimp every few days. There is also some gut loaded brine.
Right now he is in an isolation box in my main tank and he just bounces around during the day. (We named him Hop a long Cassidy BTW)
His tentacles are very short then. At night when he is swimming, the tentacles get long and flowing.

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight was Hop-a-Long Cassidy's trial run. Things seem to be going well. I had to make some changes to the overflow with a different strainer, the original to a minute to start the siphon, which allowed the water height to get a bit too close to the top for my liking. I added a optical sensor that will shut the pump off it it gets too high.
So I am still working with the flow, trying to find the perfect balance so he can move about the tank well. I might do a bit of egg crate to as a safety from the overflow for him.
IMG_2214.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So tonight was Hop-a-Long Cassidy's trial run. Things seem to be going well. I had to make some changes to the overflow with a different strainer, the original to a minute to start the siphon, which allowed the water height to get a bit too close to the top for my liking. I added a optical sensor that will shut the pump off it it gets too high.
So I am still working with the flow, trying to find the perfect balance so he can move about the tank well. I might do a bit of egg crate to as a safety from the overflow for him.
IMG_2214.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg
WOW! He’s so cool!:star-struck:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back