OP
OP
Sm2

Sm2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to custom build them with pvc board but it looked like dog poop, so I admitted defeat and ordered them from Adaptive Reef.
Yeah, I picked up a couple from them as well. A complete mess right now to be sure. This weekend I intend on getting it cleaned up. IMG_5280.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I picked up a couple from them as well. A complete mess right now to be sure. This weekend I intend on getting it cleaned up. IMG_5280.jpeg
Mine will go into glassdoor cabinets, that will help hide the cables even more

OP
OP
Sm2

Sm2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fun has really begun now! I have the tank set up and running. All livestock from the old cube moved over. Luckily I live close enough, took the family to World Wide Coral in Orlando and started stocking some frags. I also picked up a trident system while I was at it. Found some nice pieces there! IMG_5304.jpeg IMG_5297.jpeg IMG_5305.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fun has really begun now! I have the tank set up and running. All livestock from the old cube moved over. Luckily I live close enough, took the family to World Wide Coral in Orlando and started stocking some frags. I also picked up a trident system while I was at it. Found some nice pieces there! IMG_5304.jpeg IMG_5297.jpeg IMG_5305.jpeg
Glad you got everything moved over!

OP
OP
Sm2

Sm2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. I know its been a bit for an update, been pretty busy. everything is 100% up and running, added the trident system, dosing All for Reef. I now have coralline growing on the tank bottom and back panel. I have had some minor issues that were all my fault. lost a couple of frags due to placement. i had no idea I had so much par. I ended up renting a par meter for a day from my LFS. at peak intensity I was at 350 on the floor of the tank. So i moved the lighting fixture up a bit. now its about 175-200 on the floor. I think I will have to add another radion, so I can reduce the amount of time the T5 bulbs are on. I currently run them for 4 hours with a 30 minute stagger between the front and back pairs.

I have added some Maxspect nanotech bio bloblocks and their Anaerobic-Block to the refugium section of the sump as well as some chaeto. using an AI fuge HD16 on it.

so far the stocking list it:

Corals

WWC Watermelon Psammocora
WWC Rainbow Pocillopora
red dragon acro
green stag horn
WWC Bicolor war coral
Jack-0-lantern leptoseris
red cap montipora
WWC Blueberry fields acro
assorted zoas
hollywood stunner chalice

Fish

Powder blue tang
Desjardinii Sailfin Tang
Timore Wrasse
pair of Black Ice Clowns
3 green chromis

for clean up crew...

mexican turbo snails, one is about the size of a baseball.
Astrea snails
banded trochus snails

the powder blue and timore wrasse were the last remaining inhabitants of the cube this tank replaced. The wrasse doesnt seem to mind the bare bottom tank, so thats good. I am working on fleshing out the fish list. I know I want to add a 6 line and maybe a few more chromis. I am open to suggestions on fish, really want a lot of color in there. I plan on going pretty heavy on fish. I went so over kill on the skimmer and adding in the fuge, I feel I have the bandwidth in the fiultration system. i do plan on taking the stocking slow though.

future equipment additions...
leaning towards getting the new trident NP
Ozone system
maybe UV sterilizer

438270948_1983384218761068_4973018476178581671_n.jpg

438221264_1483195242581055_3844997208123193022_n.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back