new to montis

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got some new montis and simple sps from john...and need some advice on their placements, and any other advice that might be helpful with their success.
- rainbow monti
-superman monti
- idaho grape
- pink bird's nest

oh. and i also need someone to convince me to buy that sunset monti, and purple bonsai on ATL. :lol:

Last edited:

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to special on requirements. Just keep everything stable (as usual). My SM and rainbow seem to like higher lighting (in that tank, I mean 175W Ushio 14K's on electronics @ about 6" below water surface). The birdsnest may want more light than most and pretty good flow.

Got anything you'd be willing to trade for a purple bonsai? I can get you a piece;). It has lineage back to garf (got it from fishdoc on RC).

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have nothing much to offer at the moment i'm afraid. it might be few more weeks untill anything is at a fraggable size. i'm willing to buy it from you if you want to sell a few things? mainly looking for pink lemonade, sunset monti, purple bonsai and purple monster.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a number of things for sale right now (getting ready to move 4 hours away). Nothing as nice as those mentioned except the bonsai. I wasn't planning on shipping any of the other stuff, but am not getting the response the jackals in our club usually give;). Let me know if you see anything else you like. Otherwise, I can just ship the bonsai. I'd just need an addy and how you want it shipped. I can get you shipping costs from there.

Since their price is $80 for a 3/4", how about $55 for 3/4"? It is starting to encrust. This is the only one I've got right now. I'll try to get a shot. It's been under PC's for over a month, so it isn't as purple as it should be, but I just moved it into the main display, so it should color up pretty quickly. I'll get a shot later tonight (I broke my better camera, so I'm not sure of what kind of picture quality...).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1074745

Hope my link doesn't get changed to ebay or something:D.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sent you a PM. in the PM, I meant purple bonsai, not purple monster. :D

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha;). I've got a PM, but just got a frag in January (it's only a pastel purple right now and not growing very fast...). PM replied to.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back