New to Reef 2 Reef

Dennis210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Some of my friends, who are definately Salt Creeps, got me to join this site. Been on other boards for awhile and keeping strictly reefs for 4 years now. Not sure if the word passion or addiction more apply describes my involvement in the hobby. Currently I have a 210 gal reef system with a 40 gal breeder for a sump, with a remote refugium feeding back into sump system. I run carbon 24/7! Drip kalkwasser constantly and currently do no other top off. All water for both kalk and salt mix is RO. I have run the guantlet on low and lower end skimmers (they are all junk). Currently running a Coral life needlewheel superskimmer and intend to upgrade it to an Aqua C product the EV-240 or EV - 360. The only addatives I use are Kent's Turbo Calcium, Kent's dKH Superbuffer, Reef Complete, & iodine supplement. I use Hagen Test kits, Electronic pH monitor (HAAC), and Red Sea Magnesium Test kit. Don't add unless you test. For salt I currently am on a kick of mixing Reef Crystals with Oceanic (50 / 50) and am very happy. For lighting I am using a Outer Orbit 834 watt fixture (3 - 150 watt MH 14000 K watt
& 4 - 96 watt 420/460 PC) It seems underdriven or low power for set up but I get phenomanel growth. Tank, sump, & refugium are all covered with glass tops. Quiet one 4000's drive the 2 returns, a Quiet One 3000 for just the chiller, 2 Seio M1100's, 2 HK 3's, 2 Hk 2's, and 2 HK 1's (FLOW FLOW AND MORE FLOW). Deep sand bed (4.5 - 5 inches) with two 20 x 24 in plenums buried underneath.
I am also currently running a 65 gal frag tank set up like main only smaller.

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Dennis210. Wasssupp? glad you made it. Did you check out the nwsc forum. Not many posts yet but we will take over. hahahahaha(done in a sinister voice). I will holler at you in the morning and try to get over ther sometime tomarrow if you have some time available. I started posting the pics of the stand build. Everyone is jelouse of your shop, booth and paiting expertise. Later

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waaaaahahaha . . . if you call them, they will come. Welcome Dennis210 and str8salt!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :D

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back