New to Schenectady

Regina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am a recent transplant to the Schenectady area. I am resurrecting an old RSM130D. I've been out of the hobby for a good 6-7 years. THINGS have changed! Especially prices! I am looking for local enthusiasts to help me with questions and referrals. Are there any local clubs or meetings? I am currently cycling and will be adding a CUC next week. TIA

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the capital region. My name is Gordon Ellis. I am also located in Schenectady. I don't know of any reef clubs in the area, but I also would be interested in joining a local club. If you have any questions about setting up a new reef tank or equipment. I will be happy to help.

I have a couple dates saved on my calendar for some frag swaps that are up coming. I can share those if you would be interested. The main one I am looking forward to is Reefapalooza being held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

https://reefapaloozashow.net/pages/new-york

I just got back into the hobby myself. My current tank is a 35 gallon rimless cube reef tank. The tank has been set up for almost a year. I am currently working on plumbing a 20 gallon tank into the sump system of my 35 gallon. This is going to be a display refugium with some soft corals and a couple black & white Storm Clown fish. Hopefully i will get to work on it this week on my days off. The picture is a recent photo of my reef.

Cheers!
Gordon.

Attachments

• 20231205_092557.jpg
    20231205_092557.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 28

schmittym7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to upstate....I'm local to the area over in Halfmoon. I got back into reefing about 3 years ago and currently have a mixed reef Waterbox 130. My tank has hit the 2+ year mark and with it some new challenges and learning experiences. Never a dull moment in the hobby! I'm also interested in some local frag swaps in the area or a reefing club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

schmittym7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the capital region. My name is Gordon Ellis. I am also located in Schenectady. I don't know of any reef clubs in the area, but I also would be interested in joining a local club. If you have any questions about setting up a new reef tank or equipment. I will be happy to help.

I have a couple dates saved on my calendar for some frag swaps that are up coming. I can share those if you would be interested. The main one I am looking forward to is Reefapalooza being held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

https://reefapaloozashow.net/pages/new-york

I just got back into the hobby myself. My current tank is a 35 gallon rimless cube reef tank. The tank has been set up for almost a year. I am currently working on plumbing a 20 gallon tank into the sump system of my 35 gallon. This is going to be a display refugium with some soft corals and a couple black & white Storm Clown fish. Hopefully i will get to work on it this week on my days off. The picture is a recent photo of my reef.

Cheers!
Gordon.
Nice coral selection and tank! If you could share some info on the frag swaps, it would be great!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 152 75.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back