New to the hobby!

SloppyyJo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just recently set up my saltwater aquarium. 20 gallons. I’m very new to this and have done a ton of research. Im struggling with the lighting. My aquarium will eventually have soft corrals and and anemone with some fish. (I have 2 clowns right now and some snails and hermits!) I don’t have any corals in there at this moment. I have the coralife seascape light. I can adjust the lights (blue, white, rgb, in increments of of 10. (10-100). What do I need to set all these too? Also I don’t get the point of the RGB. Is it just for show or does it help the fish and corals? Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just recently set up my saltwater aquarium. 20 gallons. I’m very new to this and have done a ton of research. Im struggling with the lighting. My aquarium will eventually have soft corrals and and anemone with some fish. (I have 2 clowns right now and some snails and hermits!) I don’t have any corals in there at this moment. I have the coralife seascape light. I can adjust the lights (blue, white, rgb, in increments of of 10. (10-100). What do I need to set all these too? Also I don’t get the point of the RGB. Is it just for show or does it help the fish and corals? Any help will be much appreciated!!!
That light is not going to be adequate for an anemone. I'd recommend something like an AI Prime or comparable.

You have some time to research on it as an anemone needs a mature system. You want a light that is capable of 150+ par reaching the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
SloppyyJo15

SloppyyJo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light is not going to be adequate for an anemone. I'd recommend something like an AI Prime or comparable.

You have some time to research on it as an anemone needs a mature system. You want a light that is capable of 150+ par reaching the bottom of the tank.
Can you recommend a specific light for me? I do have time before I add corals and anemone and will research more. I am curious on what the blue and white and RBG lights do specifically as well.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you recommend a specific light for me? I do have time before I add corals and anemone and will research more. I am curious on what the blue and white and RBG lights do specifically as well.
Something like an AI Prime would work or the reef led 50 from red sea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back