New TV Show FISH TANK KINGS this Saturday at 10pm on Nat Geo Wild

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It's on NatGeoWILD 10pm est 7pm pst. I'll be sitting in front of the TV at 7pm! I can't wait! And glad to see you guys here on R2R!!!! Welcome!!!

The channel is NGWILD so look for "NGWILD"

Last edited:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I don't get Nat Geo Wild.

Any idea what the process is to watch it online, and when they will be available?

Nevermind. I just upgraded. It's set on my DVR!:)

Last edited:

jstlsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, I don't get National Geographic Wild with my current channel lineup. Hope episodes are online after they air.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The asian guy is a but too much for me, way too hyper. I like his enthusiasm for the animals, but chillax a little. Gives me a slight headache trying to listen to him.

redemer123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this should be cool! as long as theres no stupid reality show shenanigans that have no relevance to fish tanks. :)

OP
OP
F

Fish Tank Kings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the support! We really appreciate it.

Each episode has a slightly different format with some featuring a little more animal husbandry related topics than others. The first episode is all about the Miami Marlins aquariums and shows more of the build aspect versus other episodes that show more animal related topics. There are cool field trips to places like ORA, the Caribbean or public aquariums on subsequent episodes

Check out all the latest clips here on Nat Geo's website.

Video -- Fish Tank Kings -- National Geographic

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to upgrade as well just to get this show. :D LOL!

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that was disappointing.

First off, this show had more BS drama than half of the shows on TLC. I was so excited to maybe see more about the projects and such, but this, like most reality shows, went way over the top, people throwing temper tantrums for no reason, kicking and throwing stuff, blaming everyone else, acting like kindergartners, etc. I live through that 9 hours a day at my job, I don't need any more of it when I am home trying to relax. Even the client was "over the top" in my opinion, like he had something to prove ("little man syndrome?") . About 5 minutes in a room with that guy and only 1 of us would come out.

Secondly, I think the whole tank project was a nightmare. I think it's a terrible idea and can't believe no one told that idiot that it's not a good idea to put fish tanks inside a noisy stadium where tipped balls can bounce off the tank at any given moment, shield or not.

Lastly, it's the show's premier, and they didn't even make the tanks themselves. The tanks were made in Japan. JAPAN?!?!?!?! Come on man. You'd think they would at least be able to do something besides the coral inserts and plumbing themselves for the FIRST episode.

DVR UNset.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree even though I don't have cable I watched the clips and its pretty easy to see the manufactured(annoying) drama unfolding. Keep it real yo:)

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[...]Even the client was "over the top" in my opinion, like he had something to prove ("little man syndrome?") . [...]
lol.. I thought the same thing. The way that guy needed to talk about smashing stuff every 5 minutes made me lose some interest.

The company owner's tantrums made me lose the rest. Too many bleeps to be enjoyable. Too many "we-can't-afford-(blank)-happening" moments.

OP
OP
F

Fish Tank Kings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do build everything possible in our 43000 sq ft factory. The full and true explanation was cut during the edit of the show. The Marlin aquariums have two mitered vertical bonds at the center of each aquarium. These bonds had to be guaranteed for 20 years and there is only one company in the world that can do this which happens to be in Japan. We could have lied about it. But that's not what we do and its not who we are . The next five episodes will show that. Sorry you didn't like the show, we understand its not for everyone. You can see previews of future episodes on Nat Geo's website.

OP
OP
F

Fish Tank Kings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that was disappointing.

First off, this show had more BS drama than half of the shows on TLC. I was so excited to maybe see more about the projects and such, but this, like most reality shows, went way over the top, people throwing temper tantrums for no reason, kicking and throwing stuff, blaming everyone else, acting like kindergartners, etc. I live through that 9 hours a day at my job, I don't need any more of it when I am home trying to relax. Even the client was "over the top" in my opinion, like he had something to prove ("little man syndrome?") . About 5 minutes in a room with that guy and only 1 of us would come out.

Secondly, I think the whole tank project was a nightmare. I think it's a terrible idea and can't believe no one told that idiot that it's not a good idea to put fish tanks inside a noisy stadium where tipped balls can bounce off the tank at any given moment, shield or not.

Lastly, it's the show's premier, and they didn't even make the tanks themselves. The tanks were made in Japan. JAPAN?!?!?!?! Come on man. You'd think they would at least be able to do something besides the coral inserts and plumbing themselves for the FIRST episode.

DVR UNset.
We do build everything possible in our 43000 sq ft factory. The full and true explanation was cut during the edit of the show. The Marlin aquariums have two mitered vertical bonds at the center of each aquarium. These bonds had to be guaranteed for 20 years and there is only one company in the world that can do this which happens to be in Japan. We could have lied about it. But that's not what we do and its not who we are . The next five episodes will show that. Sorry you didn't like the show, we understand its not for everyone. You can see previews of future episodes on Nat Geo's website.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that this forum and other forums are harder on the show because we want to see the reef stuff, the plumbing, and the build process which isn't interesting to the general public. I think the show was good and look forward to more. I mean tanked is cheesy but I like aquaria so much I watch it.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that this forum and other forums are harder on the show because we want to see the reef stuff, the plumbing, and the build process which isn't interesting to the general public. I think the show was good and look forward to more. I mean tanked is cheesy but I like aquaria so much I watch it.

+1. I am going to watch it still. I would've liked to see more of the drab and boring stuff :) which does not make great tv for the masses.

VIPReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Marlin aquariums have two mitered vertical bonds at the center of each aquarium. These bonds had to be guaranteed for 20 years and there is only one company in the world that can do this which happens to be in Japan. Nat Geo's website.

Congrats on the show and forgive my ignorance, but no one else in America could have built those tanks??

djfrankie

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back