OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from petco, it looked a bit bleached for a GBTA. I put it under Reef Radiance 180w pro. First week it was good, moved around. Now it has been bleached for going on 1 month now. I just went home and placed a small piece of SS on its mouth and i have to watch the skunk shrimp try to take it away. That thing is a pest b/c the BTA want take in the food fast. Its kind of slow. lol

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trap the shrimp or distract him while the GBTA eats. I used to have to do this with my Seabae Nem until one day shrimp gone!

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEM.jpg

here's the update on the little guy trying to make it!!!!

JenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as feedig - ours we had to actually put it in his mouth because he didn't have tenticles on one side to help himself

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to feed my shrimp a piece of krill first then quickly feed the nem a piece of krill as well. then i leave my arm in the tank with the baster and chase the shrimp away if they finish fast and come back to the nem.
The nem is pretty quick once it does have it though.
I will my nem will eat one of my shrimp... that would be cool, lol... Teach them a lesson.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya last week i thought humm i have not fed him in like 5 days so i tryed and he's still eating. Just need him to come back alive fully

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya, I like getting the frags but its like im saving them from death. haha. I'll just keep trying to feed it every week or 4-5 days.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

So it's a very great day for the gbta. I thought it would slip away slowly but now everyone look. I just fed it a slice of sliver side. Grabbed it right up!!!!

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work so far, but if I were you I would hold off on feeding it. Sometimes food stresses them out further. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i feed it about either once a week or 9 days. It will either take the food or let the food go. If it lets the food go i dont push it to eat.

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop feeding it those big chunks of food. It takes lots of energy to digest that much. Just feed it mysis shrimp only about twice a week. Good job so far.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back