OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a pic of the best $20 i've spent in awhile... I got this pair of acro crabs and all of these broken off pieces. (there also ended up being a couple inch dead piece of pink birdsnest that I got as a freebie to add more diminsion to the tank. The last pic is of the pair of acros in the "No Coast" reef.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was also a hitch-hiker pistol shrimp and a very tiny Cyano andreossyi crab that were "saved" and put into my tank.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last night update, I have encountered red planaria flatworms in this nano, and in my JBJ 8gallon quarantine/grow-out tank. I'm heavily debating a drop of Flatworm exit, but I added a target mandarin temporarily to my JBJ, and am going to watch and see what/if anything these three Panda Gobies accomplish in my Fluval. The third photo is the only time I've seen one outside of the rocks enough to capture a picture.
1photo 1.jpg
2photo 2.jpg
3photo 3.jpg
4photo 4.jpg
5photo 5.jpg

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be adding more pics tomorrow. But I do have some updates... My office could not work out the heat and air in our building so I had to take the tank home. Wife flipped about having another tank... But she'll get over it. I'm now actually waiting on RedSea to come through with a white 130C for my bedside tank. Seems the white is a HOT commodity and harder to get right now. I've been using the Red Sea products on all of my tanks and have seen tremendous growth especially with my Zoa's and LPS. Therefore I have a feeling I'd fall in love with their AIO tanks.. Still disappointed though that they have not modernized the lighting yet. I think a combo hood would be epic with LED's an T-5's. The power compact alone are too old school. Also in my research I am thinkin I might have to go with a couple EchoTech MP10's or Jebao's. I just put two Jebao's WP40's in my DT with a twin controller and I'm thoroughly impressed with the production and quietness of the Jeb's over Ech's. We'll see though as only time will tell and I'm open to trying the best deal I can get.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since moving the tank to three different locations I have had to move quite a bit around and many corals keep changing their placements as I can't keep my hands out.
image.jpg

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... last night I had my first "TRUE" disaster with the Fluval and my JBJ 16Nano. I had a diatom bloom for a couple of days, so I performed a good water change on Monday night and added Red Sea N03 P04 to both tanks.... yesterday I came home to dead invertebrates and fish in both tanks.... i've now performed a SIGNIFICANT water change by replacing 80% of the water in both tanks with water from my 175gallon DT. *Also in doing so the retro-fitted pump in my fluval decided to no longer work. So I have now reverted back to the original TINY fluval pump. Too bad this tank is too small for any conventional powerhead.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish I would have had a Red Sea Max 130C for this from the beginning... They truly appear to be the best AIO Nano's on the market.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking more than likely the issues were the lack of protein skimming and my oxygen levels when adding the N03/P04.

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STAY tuned: as I will incorporate this post tonight into my picture of my tank upgrade!
C:\Users\Hmusser\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

HMoneyReefOkc 9/3/2014 NANO in 90
Turning the “No Coast Nano” from a fluval Spec V into the RedSea Max 130C
I’ve Tanken the plunge (pun intended) and upgraded to the best AIO tank on the market. This is the RedSea Max 130C- WHITE EDITION. This is entirely plug in ready and was a breeze to un-box and set-up with the help of Ok-Sea Aquariums out of Oklahoma City, OK.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back