No longer making Apex Temp Probes?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did Neptune stop making temp probes? I cant find a single vendor online who has them in stock, even neptune themselves list it out of stock and backordered. Is there a new model probe coming out or something?

Looking for a second temp probe so i can have one in the sump and one in the display

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Earlier this year I thought my temp probe was broken (it was the APEX that needed to be reset).

I went to BRS to buy another temp probe, and I saw a new model. I bought it, and I have it right now.

I checked BRS’ website, and I don’t see the new probe there; just the older model, and it’s out of stock.

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Earlier this year I thought my temp probe was broken (it was the APEX that needed to be reset).

I went to BRS to buy another temp probe, and I saw a new model. I bought it, and I have it right now.

I checked BRS’ website, and I don’t see the new probe there; just the older model, and it’s out of stock.
yea thats exactly what i see on every major reefing site. Not sure what gives..... May have to settle for finding an old used probe somewhere :(

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea thats exactly what i see on every major reefing site. Not sure what gives..... May have to settle for finding an old used probe somewhere :(
Would you like a picture to see how the newer probe looks?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a picture on google

IMG_7705.png

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you like a picture to see how the newer probe looks?
no i can see what it looks like on their site. Its just weird to me that they advertise this new one, but its not for sale anywhere and the old one isnt either....
like do they just not have any temp probes available for sale anywhere in the country? and how can you run a business like that?

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like their parts store literally doesnt have a single item they sell available other than salinity calibration fluid. How does a company not have ANY of their own products?

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about it now and their history, im guessing they stopped production of the old style probes when the new ones went into production. and then they probably had an issue with that production and now cant supply their own products and have no options at all for any of their customers.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to find the new style probe all year with no luck. Not sure why Neptune promoted them as better than the old style, advertised them for a while, sold them for a while, then reverted back to the old style?

I liked the new style because they were the same size as a standard probe, looked better and didn't need an oversized probe holder hole.

Now the old style is also out of stock everywhere, not sure what's up with them? Hopefully the new batch will also be the new style.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot Neptune a message off their portal. They will get back to you with something. I was looking for something a month or so back and ended up doing that. Worth a try.

All the best.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS just got them back in stock..... so I ordered one.

Their website image still shows the old style, but I received the new smaller standard size style probe!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back