Noob here

Kenhill82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Nebie to the saltwater community. Had many freshwater tanks in my day, so i thought about taking the leap in the beautiful world of saltwater. I have a 10gal all in one tank. Fully cycled and just passed the ugly stage now (with some help). What i have inside so far is:

2x Davinci-A Clowns
Alien eye zoa
Whamming Watermelon Zoa
Red Goni
Frog Spawn
Mandarin Firework Clove
Leather Tree
Dragons Breath
GSP (frag)
Random snails for CUC

Question- Looking to add something to the back glass (for depth). What is the best coral for the shelf like look? Do you glue a plastic piece on and let the coral grow over for stability or are there a good coral that once glued to the back glass, will grow to look like shelves?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
montipora cap could serve as that "shelf" like look on the back glass. they do grow quickly, so be mindful of any rockwork that may come into contact with it because it can and will grow onto rocks and become difficult to remove(currently dealing with this myself)

OP
OP
Kenhill82

Kenhill82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
montipora cap could serve as that "shelf" like look on the back glass. they do grow quickly, so be mindful of any rockwork that may come into contact with it because it can and will grow onto rocks and become difficult to remove(currently dealing with this myself)
Thanks! I am just looking to add a depth look to the tank, and I think those shelf like look would be cool. I plan on placing them higher than the rock, but also want to make sure I avoid light obstruction.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks! I am just looking to add a depth look to the tank, and I think those shelf like look would be cool. I plan on placing them higher than the rock, but also want to make sure I avoid light obstruction.
there are some "rock" looking magnetic frag racks you could also use, and place encrusting corals on it like cyphastrea, favia, or others

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back