Noob in Longwood checking in.

citymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started this hobby during the shut down, so nearly 2 years. I wanted a tank next to my desk since I now work from home. Also new to the whole "Forum" world. Be nice to have a place to get some solid guidance.
Fish.jpg

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group! R2R is a great resource from many experienced reefers. Kind of glad I do NOT have an aquarium near me at work … would be (pleasant) distraction … and would certainly affect my (perceived) productivity!

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I work from home too which is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the tank lol! I'm down the road in Winter Garden. If you have any questions, ask away. The forum is a great resource. My advice is to wait for some answers before moving forward. The first answer may not always be the best.

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next door to ya in Casselberry. About to get back into reefs on a smaller scale, waiting on my WB 25 to get delivered. It will also be a desk tank. Been working from home for 15 years and tanks are a must have. Just wait as you will get the itch for more the longer you work from home and have time to kill. Since working from home I have gone from a single 50g back in the day to currently having the WB130.4 as a freshwater, a WB 25 coming for the desktop reef, and a 2000g koi pond.

OP
OP
citymann

citymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next door to ya in Casselberry. About to get back into reefs on a smaller scale, waiting on my WB 25 to get delivered. It will also be a desk tank. Been working from home for 15 years and tanks are a must have. Just wait as you will get the itch for more the longer you work from home and have time to kill. Since working from home I have gone from a single 50g back in the day to currently having the WB130.4 as a freshwater, a WB 25 coming for the desktop reef, and a 2000g koi pond.
Nice! Not sure I could handle an outdoor Koi pond, have to sleep out there to protect them. I also have WB 15 nano, love it. Working on a table so it can be near my desk as well.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started this hobby during the shut down, so nearly 2 years. I wanted a tank next to my desk since I now work from home. Also new to the whole "Forum" world. Be nice to have a place to get some solid guidance.
Fish.jpg
Welcome !!! :cool: I’m sure being in long wood you’ve been to top shelf aquatics-and living reef Orlando ???

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Not sure I could handle an outdoor Koi pond, have to sleep out there to protect them. I also have WB 15 nano, love it. Working on a table so it can be near my desk as well.

FW is easy compared to SW. My pond is set up with self cleaning filters where once every couple weeks I have to spray a part down. Beyond that it is feed fish and change water as needed. Water gardens with plants and rocks are a hot mess, just have to build smart.

Attachments

• 301582119_5732683826742129_4745566699051497663_n.jpg
    301582119_5732683826742129_4745566699051497663_n.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
citymann

citymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW is easy compared to SW. My pond is set up with self cleaning filters where once every couple weeks I have to spray a part down. Beyond that it is feed fish and change water as needed. Water gardens with plants and rocks are a hot mess, just have to build smart.
Wow, that is awesome. Not what I pictured, looks like you have the FL predator issue covered.

OP
OP
citymann

citymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome !!! :cool: I’m sure being in long wood you’ve been to top shelf aquatics-and living reef Orlando ???
I have not physically (virtually, yes) been to either yet, actually planing to go to Top Shelf this weekend or next. Started at WWC so been pretty exclusive there for now.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not physically (virtually, yes) been to either yet, actually planing to go to Top Shelf this weekend or next. Started at WWC so been pretty exclusive there for now.
Ask to take the tour of their farm if they have time . Tomas from wwc works at top shelf now . Most the people at top shelf and living reef Orlando are nice to work with and in my opinion way more knowledgeable .

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRO and TSA should be your main stops here in Orlando, your wallet will thank you. WWC I will go to for fish, MAP pricing items, and that's about it. I will make the drive over to the main store if I buy auction items on Ebay.

Back