that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11/3-5 Chicago, IL - Aquatic Experience

That is the Only Announced Show For Illinois so Far

Last Year there were 2 Other Shows in April and October.

Expect them to be around the same time this year.

Exact Dates will be Posted as they are Announced.

OP
OP
Antlrman

Antlrman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info. Anyone ever attend the Madison show in Jan or the Janesville show in April? I would like to hit all the shows I can this year within a couple hours drive of me. Had my 2 yr old sps dominant reef crash 3 weeks ago. Human error! Rebuilding now.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info. Anyone ever attend the Madison show in Jan or the Janesville show in April? I would like to hit all the shows I can this year within a couple hours drive of me. Had my 2 yr old sps dominant reef crash 3 weeks ago. Human error! Rebuilding now.

Thanks.

Sorry to Hear about the Crash.

What Happened?

OP
OP
Antlrman

Antlrman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid human error! I was using the same line for my auto top off for my tank and to fill my 35 gal water change container. It takes a full day to fill the container so I have an auto fill valve shut off it just like my tank. I switched the water line from the tank to the container on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving planning to switch it back on the Wednesday to the tank. Well dummy me! I forgot. The tank went the whole weekend without autofill. When I returned to work on Monday the sump was dry and the tank was soup! And if your wondering why I didn't catch it that is because my 220 gal display is in my office. So since I now have a simple Tee installed in the line to prevent that from happening again. I also installed Apex controller with leak detectors, low water alarms, high water alarms, temp alarm, Orp alarm, pH alarm, salinity alarm, and flow sensor alarm. A 30kw generator to automatically start on natural gas in the event of power failure. Everything is set to send me an email and text if any perimeter changes outside my preference.

So should be safe now!! :)

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid human error! I was using the same line for my auto top off for my tank and to fill my 35 gal water change container. It takes a full day to fill the container so I have an auto fill valve shut off it just like my tank. I switched the water line from the tank to the container on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving planning to switch it back on the Wednesday to the tank. Well dummy me! I forgot. The tank went the whole weekend without autofill. When I returned to work on Monday the sump was dry and the tank was soup! And if your wondering why I didn't catch it that is because my 220 gal display is in my office. So since I now have a simple Tee installed in the line to prevent that from happening again. I also installed Apex controller with leak detectors, low water alarms, high water alarms, temp alarm, Orp alarm, pH alarm, salinity alarm, and flow sensor alarm. A 30kw generator to automatically start on natural gas in the event of power failure. Everything is set to send me an email and text if any perimeter changes outside my preference.

So should be safe now!! :)

Man that Sucks :(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back