Nuvo Fusion 20 build

bontrager

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ghost fits like a glove and ive got it in the 2nd chamber so it gets the output of the biopellets from the miniMax reactor. My oceanrevive is set at 47% blues and 17% whites/fullspec.

very nice. I am going to buy this same set up which will be available as a kit in 4 to 6 weeks from Marine Depot.

If I understand you correctly you are only using your main lights at 17% of full capacity??????.

I will be using the "Reef Radiance" multi colered LEDS for my lighting. The mains and the blues are fully adjustable 0 to 100%.

Thank you

OP
OP
W

wrongpolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by mains you mean whites, yes 17% otherwise it washes everything out and the coral starts bleaching. This seems to be a happy medium for the anemone and the lps

bontrager

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you would crank up the light a little (whites) you would have no problem keeping SPS and how did you settle at 17% for the whites?
A lot of led lights have no provision to adjust the brightness down that low (maybe has something to do with the par value of the led's) so I am wondering how would they keep low to medium light corals other than positioning lower in the tank.

thank you

OP
OP
W

wrongpolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimmer is digitally controlled , I just set the lights at 17% because it was most aesthetically pleasing to me without washing it out and wasn't burning the corals, so yes cranked up the fixture would have no problem with sps as its better than the old generic no optics ones in used on my 250G that was mainly sps

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
W

wrongpolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Been thinking about making a powerhead guard, (panty hose didn't work, cut off too much flow and stalled the pump) I was thinking maybe some of that plastic netting from the craft store and some zip ties. The anemone hasn't moved around much at all, he found a spot under a rock and reaches around the back of the rock when the lights are on, but on the off chance it gets a wild hair up its butt and decides to wander I dont want to wake up to Anemone sludge all over. Any ideas on keeping the **** turbo snail from bowling over all my acan frags. At least 1-2 a day i have to upright!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back