reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have fun! Just running a filter sock on one overflow and media basket on the other with poly filter on top and chemipure blue on bottom on bottom. Bag of purfiltrum in the second chamber. No skimmer/reactor. Just swapped kessil a160 for 360 3 weeks ago. VorTech mp10 for flow(30%). Weekly 4.5 gallon wc. Feed mysis daily, reef roids tri weekly and macrovore to my flower nems once a week. I have one lightning maroon, banggai cardinal, ignitus anthia, and a blue chromis. I kill all pumps and use a baster. Everyone eats and none is wasted. I use HW marinemix reefer for my salt. Parameters stay constant: Alk: 8 Ph: 8.2 Amm, Nitrite, Phos: 0 Nitrate: 2 Ca: 425 Mg: 1400 SG: 1.026 Potassium: Never checked! Fun little tank!

Inverts include: Indo skunk cleaner, candy cane pistol, 1 caribbean nass snail, 3 star astrea snails, 2 trochus snails, 1 red burrowing crab, 2 porcelain anemone crabs, 5 scarlet hermits (the best in my opinion) and a few regular porcelain crabs.

And a red fromia

Thanks!

btw
  • you dose anything by chance?
  • Did you upgrade your return pump?
  • What's your highest Intensity & Color settings on the A360?
I am putting in the same light - A360WE and MP10 pump. Was thinking of including the tunze 6040 on the other end to varied directional flow since I already have it sitting on the sideline. Was thinking MP10 would be more forward on left side while Tunze 6040 more back on right side. I am planning on LPS and SPS for this tank only. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Darth George

Darth George

View Badges
Reaction score
East of the West Coast, West of the East Coast.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

btw
  • you dose anything by chance?
  • Did you upgrade your return pump?
  • What's your highest Intensity & Color settings on the A360?
I am putting in the same light - A360WE and MP10 pump. Was thinking of including the tunze 6040 on the other end to varied directional flow since I already have it sitting on the sideline. Was thinking MP10 would be more forward on left side while Tunze 6040 more back on right side. I am planning on LPS and SPS for this tank only. Thoughts?
I do not dose anything. Once the acro grows out I will probably have to. I did upgrade the return to a cobalt mj900. I would keep any acro/monti on the mp10 side. The apex controls the 360. Starts no color @ 13% intensity and rises to 55% intensity and color at 48%. Stays there for 4 hours then ramps back down slowly. Light is on 9 hours a day.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable.

On my other nano with A360, it's currently on for 10 hrs with max intensity of 65%/35% color for a very brief period before settling on 50% intensity / 30% color most of the time. This has been running for 1 month on this setting. My light is 9.5" above water surface.

I did however bumped up the max intensity to 70% and 55% respectively just yesterday based on par readings I did briefly. The goal is to slowly reach a relative par rating of 200 for those SPS/LPS I have near the top and around 100 par on the bottom surface.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is certainly beautiful! I'm sure the new 30 will be just as nice :)

OP
OP
Darth George

Darth George

View Badges
Reaction score
East of the West Coast, West of the East Coast.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 20 has been broken down. I miss it already, but it is nice to have a little break! I'll be starting a new build soon enough. My next project is the Fusion 30L. Should be fun!

20170529_184711.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back