NUVO Int-100 Mixed Reef Build

jastudee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about a 2 year break from the hobby, I have decided to start up a new build. This build is going to be focused really on two things:

1. Patience! It is very easy to want to rush to acquire every bit of livestock needed to get the tank to what you have envisioned to be the end goal. Really plan to be meticulous and take my time along the way.

2. No corner cutting. This applies in both equipment investments and husbandry/tank management. Taking the time to do it all right: quarantine, water testing, general cleanings/water changes, etc.

Below are the details of the equipment.

-NUVO Int-100 complete reef setup. Aquarium, APS Stand, RFS Sump, Return Pump and Plumbing
-Neptune APEX Pro Controller
-(2) Neptune Sky LED lights
-(2) Gyre XF330 Pump

Still need to decide on protein skimmer. There will be other ancillary pieces of equipment I am sure but will add those as necessary as I build.

The tank will be delivered sometime mid to end of January.

Appreciate any opinions/feedback as I go!

Thanks for reading.

OP
OP
J

jastudee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am in a bit of a holding pattern until the aquarium arrives, I have begun the aquascaping process. I really like a more minimalistic/nsa/island type of look and believe I have achieved something close to that. Overall pretty happy with the result but open to feedback.

One thing I am wrestling with is if I should rinse the rock and get it curing in a container while I wait for the aquarium to be delivered.

IMG_2893.jpeg IMG_2894.jpeg IMG_2895.jpeg IMG_2896.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jastudee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is starting to get more real! Got notice that the tank has shipped! Should be here likely the middle of next week.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am in a bit of a holding pattern until the aquarium arrives, I have begun the aquascaping process. I really like a more minimalistic/nsa/island type of look and believe I have achieved something close to that. Overall pretty happy with the result but open to feedback.

One thing I am wrestling with is if I should rinse the rock and get it curing in a container while I wait for the aquarium to be delivered.

IMG_2893.jpeg IMG_2894.jpeg IMG_2895.jpeg IMG_2896.jpeg
I think the aquascape ideas you have look really good!

OP
OP
J

jastudee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some time today to set up my water mixing station. Stayed super basic and simple. Two 35 gallon storage containers. RODI on top, with a T so I can either divert to mix saltwater below or direct into a bucket for ATO. Gravity feed out of saltwater mixing also. I will have a power head in the bottom container to mix. RODI mounted beside the station. Just need to tap in the RODI and I should be ready.

Tank should be arriving by Tuesday of this week. Getting excited!!

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2915.jpeg
    IMG_2915.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2917.jpeg
    IMG_2917.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2918.jpeg
    IMG_2918.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
J

jastudee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2962.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2961.jpeg
Exciting things are happening! Tank, stand and dump have arrived. As well as gyre pumps, and radios lights.

Have to say I was incredibly impressed at the packaging and quality of everything from innovative marine. Seems like it would be nearly impossible to damage anything from them. Zero bubbles in the seams. Directions and quality for stand were spot on as well as the online instructional videos if you get stuck. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpeg
    IMG_2960.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 14

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back