Octospawn not happy

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recently bought the bright green octospawn, and it was happy and open for about a week until it started not opening fully. Newly added frogspawn is happy though, they are in the same flow, light, and all else, figure it is a chemical issue since it was happy when i first got it. At night it even looks like the tissue is receding from the skeleton. Thanks for any help!

Parameters:
Ph 8.0
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 2ppm
Calcium 390ppm
Alk 7.1 dkh
Magnesium 1430ppm
Phosphate 0.01ppm

IMG_2904.jpeg image.jpg

OP
OP
LeleganceCoral

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it looks like at night. Almost like its dead. I feel its just getting worse and im doinf something dramatically wrong other than slightly low nutrients. Its now in very low flow. Thanks for any ideas that would solve it fast. I have no crabs and a couple snails that rareley go on the rockwork, clownfish that dont host in euphillia and 80 par. No alk swings, but magnesium is a bit high. Dont really know what else it could be other than pests and i see none. Should i dip it?

IMG_2918.jpeg

OP
OP
LeleganceCoral

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like enough time... LPS can be finicky. Sometimes they just don't make it. I had a hammer that thrived for almost a year and just went south and died.
Yeah, had an elegance this whole time and it survived 1900 magnesium that killed my old euphillia garden. Must be a miracle that its still perfectly happy today, but for some reason i just cant keep euphillia well

OP
OP
LeleganceCoral

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought of something, this coral was a bit roughly handled while placing in the tank and failing to do so, could that have caused a bacterial infection? At first it was in slightly too high of flow too, wondering how easy a bacterial infection for euphillia is to get.

Back