OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a nice bubble tip nem for the clowns 4 days back but unfortunately while placing him on a rock he fell into the abyss inside some rocks and is MIA. However a hammer coral decided to host the clowns which is nice but I have to wonder if this type of coral gets irritated by fish like this?

Attachments

• 20240421_141619.mp4
    33.1 MB

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a nice bubble tip nem for the clowns 4 days back but unfortunately while placing him on a rock he fell into the abyss inside some rocks and is MIA. However a hammer coral decided to host the clowns which is nice but I have to wonder if this type of coral gets irritated by fish like this?
My duncan doesn’t seem to mind though the clowns get grumpy when it closes for the night. I know others on here have had their frogspawn and hammers host clowns and I can’t recall them mentioning any negative effects to the corals.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My duncan doesn’t seem to mind though the clowns get grumpy when it closes for the night. I know others on here have had their frogspawn and hammers host clowns and I can’t recall them mentioning any negative effects to the corals.
I'm looking at the hammer closing down for the night and the clowns seem a little confused now but still trying to snuggle it.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the hammer closing down for the night and the clowns seem a little confused now but still trying to snuggle it.
Unfortunately, this will happen every night. Mine go down and sleep in the candy coral that is right in front of it. I know they would love to snuggle in my duncan all night.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to give the nem this week to make an appearance and if not my neighbor on the block has a bunch in his tank and said he'd give me one. It's kind of like how a yellow goby needs a pistol shrimp. Clowns need a nem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%

Back