Once a reefer always a reefer Scott’s 47g Tideline

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
First post here. I have an account on another website from the ancient days of reefing, but it seems like this forum has more discussion and content. I have a 40 breeder stand but I’m wanting to try something different for me. All
My research has led to a Tideline 47g lagoon. It fits on my home built stand and should work for the equipment I already have to some extent. I have Kessil lights and a Tunze skimmer that I hope fits. Working on a garage RO setup. Plans for an mp40. Shallow sand bed and old dry live rock. An ato and eventual a+b system. Will start with basics and water changes though. I want to focus on inverts and soft corals in this system. A good handful of fish. Focused on a learning experience for my 6yo, who actually reignited the idea in my heart due to her desire to care for aquarium animals. Also trying to change my partner’s view of the hobby. Want it quiet and attractive. I’m still probably a month out on the tank. Focusing on getting my RO setup going and making sure I have all the equipment needed to get going. I’ll start with some pics of my stand.
IMG_5987.jpeg
IMG_5988.jpeg
IMG_5999.jpeg

How this idea started IMG_5933.jpeg

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to R2R, I hope you can share more photos about the process, good luck in this new adventure and you can enjoy this beautiful hobby with your family.

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to setup my water station in garage. RO system is here. Tank delivery is now estimated for mid May to my LFS!
Getting excited. Looking to get some live rock soon and start cycling it in a brute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Brutes. If all goes well I’ll
have some reef crystals mixed by Monday and order some Aussie rock pets next week too!

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6587.jpeg
She definitely thinks I’m crazy right now.
“Pet rocks on the way, gotta get ready!”

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6632.jpeg
Got this old rock in a brute of sw and a pump. It’s really porous and I love the shapes.

Garage smells like a dirty beach. Looking into bacterial dosing/phosphate on it so I don’t have to spend so much money and work on saltwater changes. Will definitely be adding a bag of carbon too.

I still plan on getting 20lbs of Aussie LR for my display and add this once it becomes nice and clean.

Love it! I feel like the tank has started even before it’s delivered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a bag of carbon and started dosing microbacter clean today. Hoping some of this smell dies down soon with the carbon. Tank scheduled for 16th or 17th delivery to LFS. Getting excited. Glad I’m curing the rock in a brute/garage and not in the display/house!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 73.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back