OP
D

deznuttz4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first, You posted 3.99 I though it was in dKH but the value is in meg/L , so convert it to dKH is 11.2 which is ok. Try test more frequent to see how your Alk swing in a course of day. It might shock the coral by Alk swing too much.

You think the swings can be that severe? Do you think they are swinging up or down? I guess I'll find out soon enough. When do you suggest doing the tests?

h2pvnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think the swings can be that severe? Do you think they are swinging up or down? I guess I'll find out soon enough. When do you suggest doing the tests?

Start when light on, then mid day and when light off. My guess is your alk swing up too much.

OP
OP
D

deznuttz4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done 5g water changes every other day and it seems to have helped. My DKH is around 10. I also added a DI filter to my RO to make water which should help with phosphates.

Lastly I bough some GFO to get rid of whatever phosphates are in the take. They are def a little high.

I added some flow and repositioned the Red Planet higher. It seems happier. I'm noticing some green coloration starting to come out.

Tank looks happy so I remain optimistic.

h2pvnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done 5g water changes every other day and it seems to have helped. My DKH is around 10. I also added a DI filter to my RO to make water which should help with phosphates.

Lastly I bough some GFO to get rid of whatever phosphates are in the take. They are def a little high.

I added some flow and repositioned the Red Planet higher. It seems happier. I'm noticing some green coloration starting to come out.

Tank looks happy so I remain optimistic.

Good to hear hope your red planer survive

OP
OP
D

deznuttz4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the Red Planet is ok. I had a friend from my local LFS come by and he said my tank looks good. My ALK is lower now, around 10. I should have it around 9 soon.

I added a GFO and my phosphates are lower as well. I added some other SPS and they are doing well.

I am happy. Thanks for the help!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back