ORCA August 2009 Frag Event

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I copied this from our club Website which was posted by our club president Terry Alexander

Browns

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hello
As always, everyone is welcome to attend our meetings.
Come and enjoy fellow hobbyists, build your knowlege in the hobby, and enjoy the great raffle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 29th
This months meeting will be a FRAG EVENT

This months ORCA Frag Event will be Saturday August 29th.
Doors open at 6:00 PM Meeting starting at 7:00

John Toms will be hosting the Frag Event Meeting
2137 Lake Vilma Drive.
Orlando, Fl 32835
Phone 407.353.7852
Gate Code *1313

Map of 2137 Lake Vilma Dr Orlando, FL by MapQuest

This month’s meeting features the hugely anticipated Frag Event!

Come celebrate with all your friends at the lovely home of John Toms. For those whom attend meetings at his house before you will remember all the amazing Baby Clown fish John has.

The ORCA Frag Event is held 4 times a year. This popular gathering allows reefers to share their success with other reef hobbyists. Many of ORCA’s members have become hugely successful in growing soft, hard and stony corals. Coral reproduction in the modern reef aquarium has become easier with the increased knowledge people have and the advances in reefing equipment. It’s now easier than ever before to not only keep these delicate corals alive but to also raise and grow these corals to such size that they actually require pruning to make room for other corals to grow.

ORCA members frag their overgrowth and special corals they wish to share with their fellow hobbyists and bring them to these quarterly events. To see what’s in store for Saturday’s event, please check out the Frags at the Frag Event Forum. Check back often for updates.

Please note that ORCA requires that any frags brought to this event be free and clean of unwanted pests and parasites. If you have “Red Bugâ€, “Planariaâ€, “Flatworms†or any other unwanted parasites in your tank please do not bring your corals to this event.
The ORCA frag team reserves the right to refuse and turn away any frags that appear to have pests.
ORCA does not condone nor support the commercial farming or commercial aqua culturing of live corals by anyone without proper licensing. For questions regarding Florida laws on Aqua culturing please see the following Web Sites:

Division of AQUACULTURE - FDACS

Aquaculture Certification, Division of AQUACULTURE - FDACS

Get ready for an awesome raffle! Lot’s of great items. If you have questions or comments regarding the Club raffle, please contact ORCA’s Raffle Coordinator “Mac†at [email protected]

This event is free to attend.
If you want to buy frags and you are not a member of ORCA there is a $5.00 fee added to your total at check out.
See everyone soon!

“Alcohol consumption at Club meetings and events: While ORCA allows the consumption of alcohol at meetings, ultimately it is at the Discretion of the meeting host as to whether alcohol will be permitted. Drink responsibly if you choose to drink alcohol. ORCA will not tolerate abusive or objectionable behavior. The frequency and quality of our meetings resides with each and every ORCA member. Let’s all work together and make this a great event.

Orlando Reef Caretakers Association
Terry Alexander
Email [email protected]

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back