Osmolator 5017 not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came out to my tank in the garage and my 5017 Osmolator controller was in a constant beep. I checked the controller and the 'too high' light was solid AND the 'too low' was blinking. What does this combination of lights and beeping mean? Is there anything I can do to get it back working?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the water damage indicator, if the cause is only pure RO water or condensation, it will work after it dries out, if it landed in water or was splashed or sprayed, it will generally need to be replaced. The most common cause is a power supply tip being plugged in after it landed in a sump or puddle and generally this can be repaired but it needs to be sent in, the power socket will have to be unsoldered and the board cleaned and repaired.

OP
OP
G

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the water damage indicator, if the cause is only pure RO water or condensation, it will work after it dries out, if it landed in water or was splashed or sprayed, it will generally need to be replaced. The most common cause is a power supply tip being plugged in after it landed in a sump or puddle and generally this can be repaired but it needs to be sent in, the power socket will have to be unsoldered and the board cleaned and repaired

This is the water damage indicator, if the cause is only pure RO water or condensation, it will work after it dries out, if it landed in water or was splashed or sprayed, it will generally need to be replaced. The most common cause is a power supply tip being plugged in after it landed in a sump or puddle and generally this can be repaired but it needs to be sent in, the power socket will have to be unsoldered and the board cleaned and repaired.
Thanks Roger. I don't think any water splashed or sprayed on it. I will take take out the back screws a see if letting it sit out fixes the issue. If it doesn't, how to I go about sending it in for repair? And do you have a ballpark cost to do that kind of repair?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We usually charge $20 flat for minor damage, this includes sending it back to you. This assumes you send only the controller and sensors as this keeps the shipping cost down to $9, no magnet holders or other parts should be sent as they greatly increase shipping costs each way.

Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing happen to one of my units (3155). I unscrewed the case to expose the board and connections and put it in a bowl of rice overnight. It fixed it for me and now it’s working without missing a beat.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drying it will tend to work if the cause is freshwater, but not for saltwater. This is a safety system and teh dried salt/corrosion leaves the short that triggers this shutdown.

ForrestGump

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We usually charge $20 flat for minor damage, this includes sending it back to you. This assumes you send only the controller and sensors as this keeps the shipping cost down to $9, no magnet holders or other parts should be sent as they greatly increase shipping costs each way.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753
How do we pay for this service?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You include your phone number and we call for a credit card.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back