Over 100 Rock Flower Babies!

Cherry Bomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock Flower Update: My Rock Flower Anemones are slowly growing. Still very small. Counted over 100 this morning of various colors. Feeling so grateful! Can’t wait to see them get larger. Here’s a photo of a little patch in the tank.

6FBAA54C-5A44-44C4-B1E5-F4BAF92D68DE.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock Flower Update: My Rock Flower Anemones are slowly growing. Still very small. Counted over 100 this morning of various colors. Feeling so grateful! Can’t wait to see them get larger. Here’s a photo of a little patch in the tank.

6FBAA54C-5A44-44C4-B1E5-F4BAF92D68DE.jpeg
That’s awesome!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first spawn in Octoberish last year. No babies came of it but I saw one of my larger males spawning.

Fast forward to this year. Didn’t see the actual spawning but I did see one of my mama’s giving birth. I’m assuming maybe a few of them may have released babies at the same time due to the amount. I hear they spawn with the spring/fall moons? I do have a lunar setting on my light on. Not sure if that does anything?

Other than that.... I had about 13 rock flowers in total. No fish in the tank, only coral and some trochus snails/Money cowries/2 scarlet hermits. I was feeding mini mysis once a week with Selcon, reef roids once a week. I am now adding phytoplankton almost daily and added once a week crushed/soaked anemone pellets. Tank is a tall 12G with a hang on the back filter, one power head and heater. AI Prime HD for lighting set at a modified Pirates setting.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the description of the process! This is on my bucket list for someday!

maevepotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think mine was spawning last night. Does this mean it's a male? Any way to tell otherwise? I no longer have 2. The other decided to go for a bad float.

This is towards the end of the spawning... It was stretched up on its foot emitting the white stuff.

OP
OP
Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think mine was spawning last night. Does this mean it's a male? Any way to tell otherwise? I no longer have 2. The other decided to go for a bad float.

This is towards the end of the spawning... It was stretched up on its foot emitting the white stuff.

Yep, looks like you have a male there :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 44 38.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back