Owners of the Helio PTC Smart Heaters

Oceanavekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine pretty sure I already registered mine but incase I didn’t where do we find the serial number? It’s not on the card in the box or on the box(at least nothing I can see that says serial number)

Mine has been keeping a consistent 78 for weeks and today at work I got a notification on my apex that said temp was under 75

I saw an E5 for a bit but looks like it’s gone now. I cleaned the element and now it looks like it’s starting to go back up 74.7 now. I’ll give it an hour or two and see if it’s back to 78

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine pretty sure I already registered mine but incase I didn’t where do we find the serial number? It’s not on the card in the box or on the box(at least nothing I can see that says serial number)

Mine has been keeping a consistent 78 for weeks and today at work I got a notification on my apex that said temp was under 75

I saw an E5 for a bit but looks like it’s gone now. I cleaned the element and now it looks like it’s starting to go back up 74.7 now. I’ll give it an hour or two and see if it’s back to 78
Oceanavekid, as long as you have the original receipt you are covered for 5 years.
The E5 and E6 correspond to line 1 or line 2 of the heaters connections. These two alerts appear in the following circumstances:

A. Low or no flow over the element
B. Out of Water
C. Mineral/Organic build up on the elements that slow the dissipation of heat

These E5 and E6 are dynamic, meaning if element senses temperatures that are normal they will turn back on automatically without reset of the controller.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
IM Team

mizukage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the coldest temperature the aquarium would be in the winter months? The heaters have a +10 degree heating range.
Great question, I have no idea as it's the first time I'm keeping a tank. I do live in Canada so it gets pretty cold. The basement where the tank is placed is best described as warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question, I have no idea as it's the first time I'm keeping a tank. I do live in Canada so it gets pretty cold. The basement where the tank is placed is best described as warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
I would suggest the Helio 400 watt (2x200 watt) for extra heating capacity during the winter months and redundancy by having dual elements.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks
IM Team

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back