Ozone

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really interested in ozone as I am crazy about how clear my water is. I also run carbon 24/7 and I hear it more cost effective using ozone. I’ve seen it effective against bacteria and algae and etc.

I got a 75 gallon reef tank. For people who use it, is it that effective for clarity and other things mainly clarity?
Is it worth getting for my tank?
I’ve been very tempted lately as I love clear water and I keep semi expensive fish and would like it for bacteria to. I do qt fish.
Plz have your opinion and advice.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you!!! Do you think applying it to a 75 gallon is worth it? I was going to stop GAC because I’m scared of my tang getting hille or something from it. I also run reef moon shiners and it recommended not to run it 24/7.
Advice?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you!!! Do you think applying it to a 75 gallon is worth it? I was going to stop GAC because I’m scared of my tang getting hille or something from it. I also run reef moon shiners and it recommended not to run it 24/7.
Advice?

Ozone doesn’t remove organics, it just mostly makes them not absorb light. Rox 0.8 is not know to cause hlle.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back