Pairing an aggressive clownfish ( Cinnamon)

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very large female Cinnamon Clownfish female I got her from a LFS she was turned in because owner tore down the tank, I've tried to pair her to two different small Cin Clowns and she is semi aggressive but after a week or two she ends up killing or trying to kill the small clown. I would love to keep her with a male not necessary but just looking for any tips or tricks i have not tried.

I introduced the first male in a breeder box for a week and then released him and kept an eye she came over and he did his flicking and all was good, I kept an eye when I could, as I do work but they did fine until about a week later she chased him out the tank and I managed to save him a. I got a top for the tank and then re-introduced him and after anther week in the box I let him lose and this time about after a week I found him dead in the tank.

The second male I did the same introduced him in the box and then let him lose and changed the rock scape up ( fish only tank no coral ) and after about a week she started chasing him hard core so i removed him and set him in the frag tank and he is good no scars and serious injury.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've paired a few tomato clown (just as evil) males with my formerly living female.

Had her kill a few and she paired with two different males, it's a total roll of the dice. Female lasted 5+ years while I lost the two different paired males to a variety of issues. Always went with a acclimation box like the op. Female was inquisitive until the male release into the display, never had outright agression in the acclimation box. It either worked, or the male was a goner within 48 hours! Good luck with that one OP!

OP
OP
MissouriReefer31

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've paired a few tomato clown (just as evil) males with my formerly living female.

Had her kill a few and she paired with two different males, it's a total roll of the dice. Female lasted 5+ years while I lost the two different paired males to a variety of issues. Always went with a acclimation box like the op. Female was inquisitive until the male release into the display, never had outright agression in the acclimation box. It either worked, or the male was a goner within 48 hours! Good luck with that one OP!
yeah in the box she shows curiosity and no aggression when i let them lose after a week she swims up they flick and after a few mins everything goes back to normal and they swim round together or hang out on the nem. after a week or so she killed the first and the second she was about too.

i know they are the more aggressive clowns, ill most likely have to leave her be which is fine nature will do what it wants.

Back