• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Palythoa grandis

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monster grandis. 6 large polyps (plus little hitchhiker polyp). $150 plus shipping or trade for high end zoa/palys.

8473IMG_2361-med.JPG

Last edited:

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you keep yours to color up like that?? Mine use to be baby blue but now they are just brown.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you keep yours to color up like that?? Mine use to be baby blue but now they are just brown.
I keep them under MH but they had to be acclimated over time. Feeding them high quality foods also makes a difference.

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike!

How long did it take you to be able to keep them under MH's? I've tried in the past but they would always get washed out and unhappy.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike!

How long did it take you to be able to keep them under MH's? I've tried in the past but they would always get washed out and unhappy.
It was something like 3 weeks time. I think the iodine and feedings really make them happy moreso than the lighting, though it helps to keep their color. I first got hooked on them when I was given a small colony that was near death. After about a months time they opened and after about another month colored back up. Another colony I have just spit out 5 new babies. I wasn't getting much results with them until I started feeding bi-weekly. The daily iodine addition I have used since I started keeping reef tanks, always with the best of results. Rarely any losses to any type of anthozoa.

smcooler

sps lps farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 small colonies under vho's look just like the pic you posted, slow grower for me. Everyone that see's them wants one.:biggrin:

stan

ktran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, cause the pic i put up is a palythoa grandis, i think yours might be a cinnamon polyp thats morphed colors.

ktran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are from 2 differnt areas, i think the palythoa is from tonga or something, and the cinnamon polyp is from flordia

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back