CayoHueso

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on my PAR values. I've got an IM Nuvo 20, with a single AI Prime 16HD mounted on the AI tank mount 10" above the water line. I'm using the BRS settings attached, adjusted to 30%. The values are on the higher end of the averages. The readings jumped around a lot due to shimmer from the surface flow from the pumps. I'm planning on doing a LPS tank. I've got some Acans, Blastos and rock flower anemones on the way. The picture for the mapping is just ambient light. Thanks in advance!

tempImageHk9eGx.png Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 8.58.52 PM.png

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the coral you select. It's ok for softs and some LPS types. You should be ok with your initial coral purchase. However, my torches sit in 250 par just to give you reference.

OP
OP
C

CayoHueso

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the coral you select. It's ok for softs and some LPS types. You should be ok with your initial coral purchase.
LPS. Right now I have blasto and acan frags on order and some rock flower anemones

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the coral you select. It's ok for softs and some LPS types. You should be ok with your initial coral purchase. However, my torches sit in 250 par just to give you reference.
I’ve always found torches, hammers, spawns etc to be really flexible with lighting I’ve seen plenty grow in 75par and others in 300+ so I’m sure there is a desired par for them but they seem willing to take almost anything thrown at them. But I will say the best colors I’ve seen tend to come from higher par corals

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always found torches, hammers, spawns etc to be really flexible with lighting I’ve seen plenty grow in 75par and others in 300+ so I’m sure there is a desired par for them but they seem willing to take almost anything thrown at them. But I will say the best colors I’ve seen tend to come from higher par corals
True depending on what area they originated from may allow for more flexibility in par. I've experimented quite a bit and now my torches sit in 250 par which resulted in 1 and 2 head frags growing to 10 and 15 head colonies. HG hammer in 150 par was 2 heads now 20 heads. But each tank is unique and it takes more then light to effectively grow corals.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back