OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially had to take the melanurus out of the tank, he never adapted well, spent at most 20 minutes out of the sand bed, today he looked awful, and was swimming upside down looked about half dead with labored breathing, and long periods of laying upside down, just put him in the freezer since I heard that's about the most humane way to do it. Hate when things like that happen.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past week has not been my week for deliveries going to the right place, FedEx for the first time today instead of dropping it off at my apartment, took it to the office, and they refused the delivery, after 2 hours on the phone, the GF is on her way to pick up the glass-holes kit, I am just finishing something up for work, and in about an hour, the drilling will commence.

Have 10 corals coming from AquaSD tomorrow, picked up their rainbow mille to see how it is, got 1 favia, and 8 scans during their live sale, so in 14ish hours, the tank will look much different, it'll be drilled, and pretty much be out of sand space with all of the corals going in, only 9 more months until I can move and upgrade to the 120, but who's counting?

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, a green acan, that I got with 1 full head, and a baby about 1/3 the size, has 3 new heads a little bit smaller than the size of an eraser on a pencil, so very excited that most of everything is growing well.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, FedEx said that they could not get in touch with the driver from my truck, and they could not make him bring in the package where I would be able to pick it up, or deliver it tonight, after a large series of arguments, where they said they do not have a compliance department....even thought it says on their website that they do, hopefully it will be here tomorrow, and one of their managers gave me a form to fill out an expense report to be reimbursed for the gas to drive where they said the package would be, and was not.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank drilled, the water in the sump isn't high enough to run the skimmer, so I have water mixing that will be added tomorrow, and everything will be running properly. Now I just need to decide if I am going to add a refuge in the sump. I will get some pictures up tomorrow, just need to import them from the camera.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to have to get some updated pictures on here at some point, I just ordered two corals directly from Steve Tyree, they will be here next Wednesday. Everything that I have got from online places is doing wonderful, still having some issues with things that are coming from local hobbyists, and stores down here really do not stock up SPS, so at some point in the next few months, I am planning on one or two more orders, one from Reef Pets, because I hear great things, and one more from Diver's Den, that one is really going to take some timing, because there are some specific aquacultured coral, and a couple tetralia crabs for some colonies that I want.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating for the Tunze giveaway, got a new Melanurus today, the yellow tang and fairy wrasse have been chasing this one a little bit to show dominance, but this one has been out more today than the first one was the first 10 days that I had it, and it was trying to eat frozen, so I am very hopeful that this one will workout.

I get my corals from Steve Tyree this Wednesday, I will link below what I am getting from him. Very excited to see how they do, I am also ordering my second MP40 this week before the sale ends. I have been seeing a little bit of cyano, which I am not sure if it is because the sand is new, or from a lack of random flow, but either way, the second one should help out with quite a bit.

OP
OP
footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like Christmas....only better

Got the second one setup, it made so much more stuff get thrown around everywhere for a little bit, very happy with the second one.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back