Paying it forward. What a great thing to do!

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK All, my "Affordable 'PIF' Shipping Plan" is coming together and just need to work out some details then will hopefully post up some EXCITING news within the week if all goes well.

Cheers, Todd

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im stoked for this - looking forward for a chance to send out some corals.lol thanks for putting in the work Todd.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to get this Thread BUMPED back up and let you know that I have not forgotten prsnlty , heathd.hd , tigerdragon

Will be another couple of week or so to get back to fragging things up in my system in preparation for new tank build. After 5 years of Retirement I just took on a new job in representing Sustainable Aquatics for the states of Washington and Oregon. Pretty busy with that and a death in the family, my 96 year old Grandmother. I already have enough boxes and bags, just need some 24 hour heat packs to safely overnight ship now.

Cheers, Todd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your loss! @96 I'm sure her life was well lived! Congrats on the hobby job I'm sure it's fun..... better than welding lol.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sad news! I am also very sorry for yours and your families loss Todd.

Congrats on your new position, sounds like quite an honor :) We know you have not nor will not forget us lol. I am a firm believer in all good things come to those who wait and I am waiting patiently ;)

Thanks again!

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. No worries here either life and fam do need to come first

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple new threads lately on some younger kids starting tanks 13-14 year Olds. Very intrested in sending some zoas to these guys! Lol. Looking forward to seeing there tanks progress and sending some zoas to them!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your loss! @96 I'm sure her life was well lived! Congrats on the hobby job I'm sure it's fun..... better than welding lol.
Welding is the worst.... I really should have chosen a different profession. I don't enjoy getting burned in ways I didn't know possible in places I didn't know existed lol

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple new threads lately on some younger kids starting tanks 13-14 year Olds. Very intrested in sending some zoas to these guys! Lol. Looking forward to seeing there tanks progress and sending some zoas to them!

That's really nice of you Heath!

I need to get some together soon also. I have several nice leather frags and some softies ready. Waiting on zoas/palys to add.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welding is the worst.... I really should have chosen a different profession. I don't enjoy getting burned in ways I didn't know possible in places I didn't know existed lol

Me 2 lol. But it's paying the bills so I can't QQ about it.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I managed to find some spare time and do a WC on system and make up around 20 Frags and 5 mini colonies of my Rose Milli plus knocked off probably 10-12 frags worth of the mixed Birdsnest colony but literally have no room so just set them on top of the colony for now. Will have to glue up on plugs soon or will just start to fuse back into mother colony within a week or so. Weather wise looks like maybe the delay was a good thing so will see what they are forecasting in a week or so.

Cheers, Todd

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news Todd! You've been busy :)

Yeah this time of year is pretty cold where you live as well as most of the rest of the country. Even where I live it was 45° this morning. Our averages are upper 60s-75 for highs and mid 50s lows.

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1! I welded from 17 - 25. Hated almost every day. Cold in the winter, hot in the summer. I was chipping slag off of a fresh weld and a chip of it landed on my wedding ring. I found out then that gold conducts heat VERY well. It was like a 360 degree blister all the way around my finger.

I just finished reading this entire thread and it's good to see that folks are doing this. I definitely have had big help from some local reefers in setting my tank up. Both freebies and really cheap stuff that I couldn't otherwise afford. I think it's good to have several buddies in your area that you can help get back on their feet after a tank crash. Give your corals to 2-3 folks you know are good at what we do in your area and then when your time comes (and it always does in this hobby) they are there to hopefully help you back up on your feet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back