Peaceful reef fish suggestions

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a current stocking list of 1 Bangaii Cardinal, 2 Oscellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Algae Blenny, 1 Green Chromis, 1 Midas Blenny and 1 Royal Gramma.

I plan on adding a pair of Mandarins, along with a Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp and a Naoko Wrasse.

Any other suggestions on small reef safe guys to add? I've pretty much given up on Tangs/high end stuff.

Edit* this is in a 75g display

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two mandarins are fine as long as its a male and a female! Also make sure youre dosing/cultivating pods (whichever you chose) to make sure they have lots to eat!

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two mandarins are fine as long as its a male and a female! Also make sure youre dosing/cultivating pods (whichever you chose) to make sure they have lots to eat!
I plan on buying them as a designated pair, I've also got a 10 gallon copepod culture I've had running for a while

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on buying them as a designated pair, I've also got a 10 gallon copepod culture I've had running for a while
Perfect! Might want to ask @Slocke and @i cant think about the wrasse (if it would compete with the dragonets for food)

OP
OP
RWhitt907

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! Might want to ask @Slocke and @i cant think about the wrasse (if it would compete with the dragonets for food)
I'm sure there would be some competition but with constant harvesting from a 10 gallon culture I'm sure I would be able to support all of the fish. I have seen a few of the zebra darts around. Not sure if I'll get one or not. I really like the scissortails

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back