pH of tank located in basement, in winter running a wood stove?

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Run PVC pipe to furnace exhaust vent.....you can pull outside air from there into skimmer....sorry, I assume its a gas furnace, you have a skimmer and you wont be using the downstairs furnace, and its on its own exhaust......just a thought....
You're actually almost spot on.

Furnace room is actually where I produce RO, store foods in a mini freezer/fridge.. It's on the other side of the wall, it's actually not a crazy idea.

I'm pretty sure there is a cold air intake that goes outside, I didn't even think of that.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your stove or fireplace is exhausting that much hot air, it is getting fresh air from somewhere else in the house. Just make sure that the rest of the house is low in co2 and it should make it to the basement.

Does your furnace not have the ability to just run the fan without the heat? This is what that is for - to circulate air when you are not heating or cooling.

If it gets over 30 in the afternoon, crack a window on each side of the house for just a few minutes. It probably won't even lower the indoor temp, but even if the furnace does run (or you have to use an extra log), that is pennies for natural gas or wood compared to the cost of a scrubber and media and stuff. 5 minutes of air into our house will usually lower the co2 from 550s to about 450 and then it takes a week, or more, to climb back up again. You are just exchanging air, not cooling the place down.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back