PH - should I be concerned?

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started dosing Kalk (as in yesterday). Before dosing my PH peak was 8.43 - 8.45 with a low point of 8.27 - 8.33. After starting dosing my peak was 8.61 with a low of 8.40.
I have calibrated all of my probes 2 weeks ago, and recently bought a brand new one for my CARX and calibrated that as well (with 4 & 7). Hanna handheld checker is ~.02 off from the probes. I would say accurate enough.
I attribute most of this high PH with the fact I run my alk very high, 11-12 is usually my target. This is the system that's in the garage there is lots of forced ventilation, garage door is also opened many times throughout the day, & skimmer intake is pulling from outside, it is practically as if the system running outside.
Is this too high? Should I be concerned with the numbers I am seeing?

OP
OP
acrocapital

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started dosing Kalk (as in yesterday). Before dosing my PH peak was 8.43 - 8.45 with a low point of 8.27 - 8.33. After starting dosing my peak was 8.61 with a low of 8.40.
I have calibrated all of my probes 2 weeks ago, and recently bought a brand new one for my CARX and calibrated that as well (with 4 & 7). Hanna handheld checker is ~.02 off from the probes. I would say accurate enough.
I attribute most of this high PH with the fact I run my alk very high, 11-12 is usually my target. This is the system that's in the garage there is lots of forced ventilation, garage door is also opened many times throughout the day, & skimmer intake is pulling from outside, it is practically as if the system running outside.
Is this too high? Should I be concerned with the numbers I am seeing?
I mention the new CARX probe because I put that in the main system temporarily to verify my other probe is accurate, the CARX probe matched my main PH probe. Surprising because I calibrated it with the lower range, I didn't think it would be accurate at the higher range.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back