phosban 150 noise

Albertoinbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly the same question I had! incredible like so many people recommend the same product but then seem to have no clue to what you're talking about when you ask about the same problem everyone has.

Not only was the noise not ok but it could damage the pump in the long run. (Cobalt MJ600)

Ok, so no tee for me. I was so frustrated at such an obvious problem that it took me one second to figure this out, I just made a couple of holes on the hose that pushes water into the reactor (below water level so theres no bubbling noise). Thats it, no money and no ugliness, just a small Dremel and a couple of seconds. This way excess pressure can leak out. It even caused a turbulent flow near some frags at the top which is good!

I just wish I had a weaker pump to test because I'm sure you don't need a 100-250GPH to pump 20-30GPH. Unless you're pumping through concrete up a skyscraper. At least not for hanging it on the tank like me. Not sure.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back