Phosphree regeneration?

Pavo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be possible to regenerate gfo in polymer resin (maxspect phosphree) with sodium hydroxide like standard gfo media?
Can strong base solution dissolve polymer, ie, destroy media in process? Or polymer resin should be resistant to it?
Thanks

OP
OP
P

Pavo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Then i will make a test and pray to polymer gods to hold it in one piece, same weight and size like it was : )

-yeah, i do it for a gfo, its pretty expensive media and lye is not, not sure why more people do not do it. Ime in a saltwater tank if you want phosphate on really low levels you always need some kind of po4 remover no matter what filtration method is used and media for removing po4 work really great for that purpose ; ))

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Then i will make a test and pray to polymer gods to hold it in one piece, same weight and size like it was : )

-yeah, i do it for a gfo, its pretty expensive media and lye is not, not sure why more people do not do it. Ime in a saltwater tank if you want phosphate on really low levels you always need some kind of po4 remover no matter what filtration method is used and media for removing po4 work really great for that purpose ; ))

I chose to not do it since I had higher time priorities. But one can save money this way.

OP
OP
P

Pavo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you maybe have a receipt for regeneration solution? Or just advice will be helpful. Why so much water and lye on online receipts?, like this one? Its a 16 liters (over 4gal) of water for 1000ml of gfo. I understand contentration but why so much bed volumen? Water become saturated and can not take more or far slower from gfo?
I do it with less water volume, tho I never wait until gfo is full exhausted so it does not have max amount of phosphate in it and maybe thats way mine routine work well, and as long it work im happy but just wonder if there is ‘more precise’ receipt. Not all removers have same capacity but how much one liter or galon etc of water in 1m solution etc can take mg of phosphates out?
Tnx

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back