Phyto Question

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phytoplankton is one of the bedrock species in oceanic food chains so in general it is much more healthy for coral than let's say a Big Mac, Fries and a Coca Cola are for the reef keeper, but there is a lot of debate over the value meal and the meal value, right?

Phyto can also take up nutrients from the tank water and convert them into biomass in our tanks, and then be eaten by the corals who get lots of nutrients from this process in a healthy form of energy that is ecologically sound for the corals. The reefer who picks up a Big Mac McMeal on the way home from the fish store is getting much less nutrition and more useless calories in an unnatural assemblage of food items that are high in grease and sugar compared to the hunter gatherer's diet when we were living in caves.

So we can see the civilization has peaked with regards to coral keeping while our dietary options have increased in caloric availability but the general food value is trending towards nutritional bankruptcy.

And that is my stupid answer to this question, I hope it provides something useful for your consumption. :cool:

fast food mcdonalds GIF
Fast Food Lol GIF by Justin Gammon
fast food meat GIF

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Phytoplankton is one of the bedrock species in oceanic food chains so in general it is much more healthy for coral than let's say a Big Mac, Fries and a Coca Cola are for the reef keeper, but there is a lot of debate over the value meal and the meal value, right?

Phyto can also take up nutrients from the tank water and convert them into biomass in our tanks, and then be eaten by the corals who get lots of nutrients from this process in a healthy form of energy that is ecologically sound for the corals. The reefer who picks up a Big Mac McMeal on the way home from the fish store is getting much less nutrition and more useless calories in an unnatural assemblage of food items that are high in grease and sugar compared to the hunter gatherer's diet when we were living in caves.

So we can see the civilization has peaked with regards to coral keeping while our dietary options have increased in caloric availability but the general food value is trending towards nutritional bankruptcy.

And that is my stupid answer to this question, I hope it provides something useful for your consumption. :cool:

fast food mcdonalds GIF
fast food meat GIF
this helped alot thank you!!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fast food mcdonalds GIF
fast food meat GIF
Thanks @KrisReef , now I’m craving McDonalds!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back