Pink spotted watchman goby

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I been having my tank for 3 years and like any tank my sand gets brown, and I got today a pink spotted watchman goby!! So cute! I done research on their diet but I wanted to know what are ppl feeding them and how frequently and does anyone have one that lasted more than a year? Thank you for any tips and tricks up anyone’s sleeves :)

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see some pictures
I think those little guys are jumpers, I could never keep one past a couple of weeks.
Sometimes,
They’d jump first day, and my dog would eat them, caught him in the act once.

Upvote 0

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for several (can't quite remember how many) years. My favorite of the gobies. They sift some sand, but most of their food needs to be from prepared foods, unlike the sand-sifting gobies.

Feed meaty frozen foods, like Mysis and spirulina brine, and flakes/pellets at least once a day. Twice is better.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see some pictures
I think those little guys are jumpers, I could never keep one past a couple of weeks.
Sometimes,
They’d jump first day, and my dog would eat them, caught him in the act once.
That’s my new addition… he is big but he is the only one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I thought that was a shark at first….
I might’ve been confusing this for a pink diamond spotted goby, those are for sure jumpers. How big is your tank, and have you considered starting a build thread?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I thought that was a shark at first….
I might’ve been confusing this for a pink diamond spotted goby, those are for sure jumpers. How big is your tank, and have you considered starting a build thread?
Well my tank has like wired thing ontop and then I also have the glass lid it came with so he can’t escape lol and he looks really mad all the time and what’s a build thread?

Upvote 0

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s like a journal for your aquarium, and it also helps for other members to have a look at your tank, and help you out. You get to meet some pretty interesting people, and sometimes get invited to some really cool events i.e. frag swaps, Frag bbq’s, even some special invitation events.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s like a journal for your aquarium, and it also helps for other members to have a look at your tank, and help you out. You get to meet some pretty interesting people, and sometimes get invited to some really cool events i.e. frag swaps, Frag bbq’s, even some special invitation events.
Ohhh thats what I been trying to do!!! A homemade sump but I was never able too!!! Omg it’s soo cool!! How you start it? Like a normal post or there’s a specific page I have to post it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a kit off of eBay. Just type in Sump baffle kit on eBay for whatever size breeder tank you’re using.

This link Should help you get started.
Ohhhh okay I was just going to make it out of pcp pipe and a return pump and a small tank in the bottom but yours look better lol

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back