Pintail wrasse swollen eye!!

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a pintail wrasse in QT with a Diamond tail wrasse and today I noticed his eye was swollen and/or protruding.
He is in 2.5ppm copper power (I slowly ramped up over 4 days) and General cure.
He’s eating mysis and he is bigger then the Diamond tail so he’s not being bullied.

He’s been in copper for 3 days now at therapeutic levels and today I saw his eye was a bit bulged out.
What could it be and how can I treat him
IMG_9883.jpeg
IMG_9881.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a pintail wrasse in QT with a Diamond tail wrasse and today I noticed his eye was swollen and/or protruding.
He’s eating mysis and he is bigger then the Diamond tail so he’s not being bullied.

He’s been in copper for 3 days now at therapeutic levels and today I saw his eye was a bit bulged out.
IMG_9883.jpeg
IMG_9881.jpeg
This is likely from a mechanical injury and even glass surfing. If you have not done so, add a small deep bowl with sand to give the fish a place to dwell.
Are you treating the tank with anything?
If not, you can add maracyn as below which will help it heal

1715827581257.png
1715827581257.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

IMG_9883.jpeg
IMG_9881.jpeg
That is most likely from a strike injury - the fish got startled and ran into something. This sort of thing usually heals on its own, BUT if it happens again and involves the other eye, the fish may not be able to see its food, so try to move slowly around the tank and don’t turn all the lights on suddenly, etc.

OP
OP
eqbal9947

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is most likely from a strike injury - the fish got startled and ran into something. This sort of thing usually heals on its own, BUT if it happens again and involves the other eye, the fish may not be able to see its food, so try to move slowly around the tank and don’t turn all the lights on suddenly, etc.
Thanks for the advice! I will try not to startle them!
This is likely from a mechanical injury and even glass surfing. If you have not done so, add a small deep bowl with sand to give the fish a place to dwell.
Are you treating the tank with anything?
If not, you can add maracyn as below which will help it heal

1715827581257.png
1715827581257.png
I put a container of sand In there, hopefully it helps.
Copperpower 2.5 ppm and general cure

Back