Please help. About to give up!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several questions and I think you need to back up to the beginning for a moment. Please humor me and answer all the questions below. Your tank is on a roller coaster and we need to find out exactly where and how it derailed to save it.

Do you have pictures of your tank?

When you switched from your 56g did you reuse everything when you moved to this tank? Including your sand bed if you had one?

Do you religiously use rodi even for your top off?
Does your ro unit have di and a tds meter? In FL this is VERY important.

Do you have an ato unit running?

Do you have gac and gfo running? How are you running it?

If you use a hydrometer and not a refractometer, do you wash it with vinegar and hot water before testing. If you use a refractometer, do you clean it with rodi and recalibrate it before testing?

Do you have any algae issues of any kind and have you treated the tank? If so, how did you go about it?

Were you advised to dose 2 part from anyone, if so, what brought this on?

Now that you have your test kits, have you tested it yet and what are the results? Also, please clean your salinity checker and retest.

What part of FL do you live and are you on well or city water? If you have a well, do you have a softner system and are you getting your water before or after the softner system?

Fwiw, PH is important. I personally cannot keep sps for that reason alone. But, it doesn't effect lps and zoas as badly unless it drops to 7.6 or less or swings too much. I tried an experiment to prove it. However, I don't believe it is your problem. Dosing was probably a part of the problem but something happened for you to feel like you needed to in the first place.

Jackie

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trickdout69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been so busy lately haven't had a chance to get on here. I haven't dosed anything and my calcium is slowly creeping down. I'm not sure if it's cause me not dosing and the calcium and ph have been dropping but now I have a bad ich outbreak. I lost my powder blue and the rest have it too. I don't have another tank plus it would be impossible to catch them to try to do anything. I'm trying some ich-x and feeding them well plus garlic. If I loose all my fish I think I really will give up

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back