Please help me with my flow.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any tips you guys could give me on getting the right flow in my tank, I'm having a very hard time getting the right amount of flow in my cube with two Vortech MP10's, Any advice? It's a 30x30x24.

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is "the right flow"? What do you think the problem is? Not enough? Too much? Not random enough?

Personally I'd put one on each side, set the mode to reef crest and crank em up.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i have right now that same exact ting and i feel its just not random enough.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are the MP10's setup synced or alternating? Do you have them placed exactly accross from each other as far as height and side to side? I would place them exactly accross from each other, when the two flows hit each other this will create all types of randomness

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have MP's but I have powerheads pointing at each other in my cube. I have one power head under the other pointing up hitting the flow to create some randomness in the tank.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the MP10's setup synced or alternating? Do you have them placed exactly accross from each other as far as height and side to side? I would place them exactly accross from each other, when the two flows hit each other this will create all types of randomness

No i dont i have them anti synced in diffrent spots, ill try pointing them at each other thanks.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vortecs dont look like they put much out but they do!!!! "that's the joy of vortecs nice smooth random flow"my mp60's look like nothing special but you can see rocks 4ft away from the ph's teetering lol... you should be fine honestly unless you have to much rock in there killing it... post a pic if you could...

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from when it was first set up

IMG_7951.jpg

frickenfragger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is what I would do. You should get really random flow as stated. I love my vortechs. You could also look at upgrading to the new version. They ad a couple extra settings. I don't know if they would be more random than reefcrest though?

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back